Tutorial: How to build a stormtrooper helmet for less than 10 GBP FINISHED see Pg9

Re: Tutorial: How to build a stormtrooper helmet for less than 10 GBP FINISHED see Pg

How about making this a real challenge... A Vader lid for 5£!

Just kidding, this turned out awesome! :love:thumbsup

Re: Tutorial: How to build a stormtrooper helmet for less than 10 GBP FINISHED see Pg

:eek well, I have to finish my Eagle Transporter first, but that would be cool to try, I have to admit.....

how those parts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mate, they're just strips of thick card (thin card glued together....with glue)

Now stop asking questions and start your build :)

Mate, they're just strips of thick card (thin card glued together....with glue)

Now stop asking questions and start your build :)

and how did you make the black bars between the mic tips

This is what I call skills man!
Doing that build from some cardboard boxes, toilet rolls and newspaper isnt easy.

Can you do a Darth Vader helmet too? ;-)

This is what I call skills man!
Doing that build from some cardboard boxes, toilet rolls and newspaper isnt easy.

Can you do a Darth Vader helmet too? ;-)

Thank you Merles! Very much appreciated! I'd love to have a crack at a Vader lid at some point! I have to finish my Eagle Transporter scratch build first, though....

Mate, the answer to this question and all your other ones, too, are in the first eight pages of this thread.....I have to say that it sounds like you looked at the pictures and didn't read the accompanying text....It's a tutorial, so all is there if you seek it out. It's kind of like saying if you can't be bothered to read the text, how will you be bothered to complete the build? No offence but I think it's a fair point to make as I keep having to answer things over and over....Good luck with your build, by the way ;)

Hi Pepakura9, those black bars are usually referred to as the vocoder. It's easy to make, as you simply have to create 7 "rod" shapes, 3 long and 4 short. You'd probably want to use something simple like modeling compound, just roll the compound into rods of the appropriate diameter / length. I've used DAS air-hardening modeling compound for this before and it worked well. The three central "rods" of the vocoder actually wrap around the bottom of the jaw, while the two sets of two on the outsides are shorter and do not wrap around. The distance between the sides of the vocoder and the "rims" of the holes that the mic tips sit in is basically the same width as one "rod" of the vocoder on each side.

Here's some reference from an unpainted ANH bucket that shows you all the detail you need.
MOD EDIT: Link removed due to virus alert

Now get building! (and be sure to start a thread to post your progress)

Thank you Merles! Very much appreciated! I'd love to have a crack at a Vader lid at some point! I have to finish my Eagle Transporter scratch build first, though....

Mate, the answer to this question and all your other ones, too, are in the first eight pages of this thread.....I have to say that it sounds like you looked at the pictures and didn't read the accompanying text....It's a tutorial, so all is there if you seek it out. It's kind of like saying if you can't be bothered to read the text, how will you be bothered to complete the build? No offence but I think it's a fair point to make as I keep having to answer things over and over....Good luck with your build, by the way ;)

what material did you use?

The BEST value for money scratch build I've ever seen.

The end result is amazing considering what it's made of.

Scratch building at it's absolute BEST!

Well done Sir :cool

Rogue

Hi Pepakura9, those black bars are usually referred to as the vocoder. It's easy to make, as you simply have to create 7 "rod" shapes, 3 long and 4 short. You'd probably want to use something simple like modeling compound, just roll the compound into rods of the appropriate diameter / length. I've used DAS air-hardening modeling compound for this before and it worked well. The three central "rods" of the vocoder actually wrap around the bottom of the jaw, while the two sets of two on the outsides are shorter and do not wrap around. The distance between the sides of the vocoder and the "rims" of the holes that the mic tips sit in is basically the same width as one "rod" of the vocoder on each side.

Here's some reference from an unpainted ANH bucket that shows you all the detail you need.
MOD EDIT: Link removed due to a virus alert

Now get building! (and be sure to start a thread to post your progress)

can i use modeling clay?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back