SuperMan Man of Steel W.I.P. and Free Templates (go to last page for updates)

IronWarrior777

***Update***

I have changed the direction of this thread. I will no longer be give a video tutorial on Superman armor, but in Thor the Dark World Armor. The TDW armor thread will have videos, step by step, and templates. For this thread, (for now) I will be showing my progress on my slightly altered Superman MOS costume. I will be giving some templates and some tips though.

I will eventually get back to the "armored" Superman look, but not till a while.

Last edited:
Re: Superman Armor tutorial/W.I.P.

The design is based off of a batman the dark knight style of costume mixed with a smallville superman suit style.

is this real or your creation? i dont follow DC at all, but i am intrigued.

This is my creation, I thought superman wouldn't need armor but if it would be made of lead, it would protect him from kryptonite. And everyone makes the tights costume so, I decided to go out of the box.

maybe i misread but im a little confused are you looking for advice about how to make and design the armor? or how to go about formatting your tutorial videos?

Like this
4f24b5f5.png

Thanks for the help, I know how to make the costume, I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on making the videos themselves. This is my first video tutorial and I want to make it really good. If I didn't know how to make the costume I wouldn't be making the tutorials. In a few days I will start making the tutorial videos and posting blue prints to get started.

Also you might want to look into the current (I believe) Nightwing and Flamebird. They are Kryptonians who use armor as a decoy to hide that fact.

HX9B1.jpg

That's a good idea, thank you. Now that I have plenty of refences and my own idea the basic sketch will be posted soon.

Why would Superman need armor?

This idea intrigued me. I figured that at some point Superman had armor for some reason so I googled it.

I found at least one occurrence. It was not the regular Superman. Here is an image

From Superboy-Prime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
While imprisoned by the Flashes on an alternate Earth,[17] Superboy-Prime builds a power suit based on the one worn by the Anti-Monitor. The suit collects and feeds him yellow solar energy to maintain his power levels even when exposed to a red sun..

I figure that it seems like a plausible reason Superman would need armor.

Here is a list of materials you will need. I will soon post designs and videos.

1 Dark Blue sports long sleeve compression shirt
1 Pair of rubies dark blue professional costume tights
13 pieces of blue foam sheets (the largest you can find)
5 pieces of red foam sheets
7-8 feet of red material (for cape)

There is still more materials that you will need but this will get you started.
Try to choose colors that go off of Superman Returns colors so the costume looks realistic. Also the blue shirt should be darker than the blue foam.

After I make the videos and post designs I will add it all to the top of the page.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back