Star Wars Live Action Series has 50 hours Filmed

The guy with a few billion in cash and guaranteed profit whenever he puts them out (you KNOW people will pay anything to be able to air them exclusively) wants to do it cheaper? Sheesh. What goods all the money in the world if you never spend it.

"We're looking for a technology that will make it economically feasable to shoot the show."

50 hours written, I'd wager, not shot.

I remember hearing how surprised how cheaply the R2builders had made full sized droids...a lot that are VERY functional compared the ones used for filming. He should remember his roots and how cheaply he USED to get things done.

"Young minds, fresh ideas..be tolerant"

When did he ever do anything cheaply?

Do you have access to budgets and billings?

Please explain.

And FYI, the R2 club has the economies of time and quantity of numbers. Neither of which are available when making a movie. You know how many years it took before a really well functioning 'droid appeared from the club.

Oh brother..I am referring to when he was young and struggling and had to film things on a strict budget. Just watch a documentary. Sadly I do not have access to billings., just the information from making of books and biographies.

I'd prefer this was a discussion about the interview and 50 hours that may have been filmed. Some talented fans could surely do the footage more good than it sitting on a shelf. Forget my silly suggestion as a light hearted comment ok?!

I'd almost get behind you Hankey, but for one thing. Most "talented fans" aren't. If they had the talent to cobble something together, they would be...and would be getting paaaaaaaaaaaid!

"Most"..but not all. Jeepers I didn't say everyone and anyone could have a shot at this...just that there is plenty of talent out there that isn't under Lucasfilm's employment.

I've seen what people here can pull off and most of us don't work as professional prop builders. On the flip side I've seen some photos of screen used props and I KNOW members here can do some things better.

The chief problem with the prequels was less an issue with the effects or the editing than of the writing.

I agree. My comment was a joke.

I don't think Lucas would ever agree to that. The man has to have full control over everything. I really highly doubt that they have 50 hours filmed as it seems to me there would have been leaks about casting, locations, etc. before anything was filmed

Well, that's the thing. I wouldn't even say "most". Good editors do not appear to be a dime a dozen. For my tastes, and mine alone, I have yet to see a "Fan Film" that has made me go "Ooooooo" at the pacing. Not a one. Just my opinion.

I don't get the "Done affordably" thing either, but he is a very astute businessman. Some fans would easily pay money to see this, and not just the subscription fee to HBO.

Oh brother..I am referring to when he was young and struggling and had to film things on a strict budget. Just watch a documentary. Sadly I do not have access to billings., just the information from making of books and biographies.

I'd prefer this was a discussion about the interview and 50 hours that may have been filmed. Some talented fans could surely do the footage more good than it sitting on a shelf. Forget my silly suggestion as a light hearted comment ok?!

I've read and seen every GL/SW thing ever.

I never understood this attitiude that he was a struggling film maker.

Nonsense.

He went to USC FILM SCHOOL, it doesn't get any better than that.

He made THX there, then went right into the studio system with the re-do of THX, then American Graffitti, then Star Wars.

Just don't see this struggling.

But that's always thrown out by the anti-Lucas crowd as some way to compare the glory of the OT against the ghastly PT.

He's always been a good business man. Can you say retained merchandising rights?

Damn straight of him not to just throw money at this new show to make it happen.

Especially since it's only going to bring him more derision for it not being the same as the OT was, by a bunch of internet whiners.

I would like to sit down and watch live-action STAR WARS once a week, please. I don't care what anyone on the Internet says.

Except Micdavis. I am on his old cranky man wavelength.

Yup. I'm enjoying Clone Wars, but have gone pretty sour on the prequels and the EU (which used to feed the addiction). I'd love to have some quality SW entertainment to look forward to.

I'd prefer this was a discussion about the interview and 50 hours that may have been filmed.

Nowhere in that interview does he say anything was filmed.
He used "sitting on a shelf" figuratively. The scripts are sitting there waiting for a produciton method that will allow him to produce film quality at television prices.

Yeah I agree about watching whatever I like. Is GL the most perfect guy ever? no. are all his ideas brilliant? no. (Anakin and Padme romance comes to mind...) Yet I can sit down and enjoy the films enough for the most part. As far as fans getting involved with the TV series, I wouldn't mind a cameo in my scout

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back