Weta - Dr Grordbort's Custom Raygun Contest! - SHOW OFF YOUR CONCEPTS AND DESIGNS!

Anybody got some front, top, and back views of this baby? I'm doing some photoshop mockups to help me with my build but lateral and oblique sections seem to dominate all the pics I'm finding.

Top notch! I've placed my pre-order.

Can I enter more than one entry or is limited to one per bloke?

Trying to decide which effort to build and I've got several ideas on mind...

Well, if the customs guys aren't gonna to hit me with tax or attempt to steal it, I'm in!

This is an amazing competition! Well done guys!

Looks like I might not be able to do this one. I can't do preorders due to the rule of Social security about keeping money in my account for more than a certain amount of time. I'll see if i can get my folks to use their credit card.

Last edited:
Pre-ordered! I can't wait to get cracking on this. I was already collecting parts for a ray-gun scratch build, so this couldn't have been announced at a better time.

WOW - A BIG THANK YOU TO WETA, ART AND THE REST OF THE RPF CREW!!!

This is an amazing offer, i'm incredibly excited and you have managed to rile up my enthusiasm once again for prop building - I am so in!!!

Preordered - Love Weta dollars, just cost me $18 for shipping - Really looking forward to May / June

Thank you once again!!!

Quick question, is it the base gun body only? Or will it have all the tubes and details parts attached as well? If they are, can we remove them? And it says it's hollow, are we allowed to take them apart? I'd love to do one if we truly have a blank gun body to work from, but if it's just a repaint then I'll probably pass.

- Jeff

Jeff,

I believe it will be the full Righteous Bison, tubes and all, just without paint. You can do ANYTHING you want; drill, chop, cut, extend, remove, and add. Do whatever you like and we would REALLY encourage members to let your imaginations truly fly. Again, while we aren't forbidding repaints, that really isn't what we are after. We want to see your most imaginative ideas! This is the RPF and we are known for our extreme talent which is only matched by extreme creativity. The only real stipulation we have is that the final gun fit into the Dr Grordbort's world, but aside from that the sky is the limit. We really encourage you to check out the Dr Grordbort's site to get a better idea of the world in which your weapon should fit.

Quick question, is it the base gun body only? Or will it have all the tubes and details parts attached as well? If they are, can we remove them? And it says it's hollow, are we allowed to take them apart? I'd love to do one if we truly have a blank gun body to work from, but if it's just a repaint then I'll probably pass.

- Jeff

This is an amazing offer, i'm incredibly excited and you have managed to rile up my enthusiasm once again for prop building - I am so in!!!

GOOD!!! We WANT to get you riled up and to get our members building and creating! We love seeing what you can do. This is our main purpose behind having contests... we marvel at your skill and creativity and want to push you to show it more and more.

Plus, we love Weta and the Dr Grordbort's brand, so we get the best of all worlds in a single contest!

I know it was said that "just a paint job" isn't what will be favored to win. Are there any limitations to the upgrade and refurbishment? Is the sky the limit?

Hi Wifflesnap

Thanks for entering the competition

No, the sky is not the limit.

Outerspace is the limit !!!

Cheers

Tim

Posted this in the first thread but also wanted to post it here:

Some members have asked if they would be alllowed to make multiple entries. If you buy multiple guns, you may indeed make multiple entries!

Also, if you plan to enter the contest, please preorder before 03/31/2011. Weta is placing a special order with its manufacturer for this contest and will be basing the order size on preorders, so get them in now! We don't want you to miss out on this contest!

This is interesting. I don't get into the prop side of the RPF much. But recently I was thinking it would be great if weta sold these things as blanks so we could mod them like people do with kidrobot munnys. I'm in!

All right, I'll break the ice and be the first to share my work in progress. What do you guys think?
149199_banana.jpg

http://imagefrog.net/show.php/149199_banana.jpg

Once the guns have shipped, we will have an official WIP Weta Contest thread, but let me just say, Wifflesnap... you frighten me....

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back