Weta - Dr Grordbort's Custom Raygun Contest! - SHOW OFF YOUR CONCEPTS AND DESIGNS!

I'm in... now if you will excuse me while develop a device to rule all!!!

*gets in car to stock up on paint, glue, knives and band-aids...

I really, really want to enter this. Does anything think the gun would get stopped by UK customs? I realise it's a ray gun and completely unrealistic as a firearm but I never underestimate Her Majesty's Customs and Excise!

I'm hoping my pre order went through smoothly, doing it from my phone might have been a mistake but I've got to be in on this. I'm sorry if my order came with a discount code, I didn't read the rest of the thread before jumping, hopefully the glitch was sorted before I got there
cheerio.

I really, really want to enter this. Does anything think the gun would get stopped by UK customs? I realise it's a ray gun and completely unrealistic as a firearm but I never underestimate Her Majesty's Customs and Excise!

Hi Skor

No worries. We regularly ship our Dr Grordbort's rayguns into our warehouse in the UK, and then mail them to customers.

As long as the dreaded MoonMen infidels have not infiltrated UK customs.

Cheers

Tim

Tim/Weta, I am SO sorry! I feel horrible, it wasn't my intent to take advantage of you!

Do I need to re-submit my order, or will the full price be charged when the item is shipped?

Again, my apologies!

-Greg

Thanks Greg

No worries, it was our fault, not yours. We will send you a note prior to processing the order and confirm your approval to charge your credit card at the full $49.

The glitch was fixed last night

Kind regards

Tim

I'm in! Pre-order placed!

A very heartfelt thanks to Weta and the RPF for putting this on!

My only concern is the website says these will be shipped May/June but entries are due mid-August. I'm kind of slow builder, so this might be a bit of a time crunch for me. Either way, I'll come up with something!

Sean

Thanks Sean

I will keep you updated on the timing of deliveries on this thread.

I am visiting the factory in a few weeks to check the weapons before we ship them out of Hong Kong to our warehouses in the US, UK and in New Zealand

Thanks for entering !

Tim

I'm tempted to order but will this thing have an import duty/tax on it when it arrives in the US?

Hi Wes R

There will be no import duty for the US. We will ship the unpainted guns from Hong Kong into our 3 warehouses in the US (Oregon), UK and New Zealand. We will then mail your order from Oregon to your home address.

Cheers

Tim

As Tim said, we would like to welcome those coming from ''Shadow and Flame.' We certainly don't want to take you away from your home but hope you enjoy what you find here on the RPF as well and will stick around, even after the contest!

Yes, agreed Art. Weta has good friends on both The Shadow and Flame forum and Therpf.com forum and we want to actively support both forums. The Shadow and Flame forum is more of a collectors forum and thepf.com is more of a prop builders forum, but they both share the same passion for creativity (as we do here at Weta!)

Cheers

Tim

Is there a blueprint or template with all of the gun's dimensions available to download to help with planning while we wait for our orders to arrive?

I'm in on this as soon as next month rolls around. Sooner if anybody buys some of my old halo and fallout stuff out of the Junkyard.

Now I want to see the Forbidden Planet again. As a Fallout fan and old Vern and Gurney steampunk fan, this particular universe just warms my little irradiated heart. Fun stuff!

I know it was said that "just a paint job" isn't what will be favored to win. Are there any limitations to the upgrade and refurbishment? Is the sky the limit?

I know it was said that "just a paint job" isn't what will be favored to win. Are there any limitations to the upgrade and refurbishment? Is the sky the limit?

The only real limitation is that the final weapon should fit in to the Dr Grordbort's universe. That is really the big thing. As a note, if someone REALLY wants to do a repaint, we want stop you, but I think it would be tough for a repaint to win over a full on customization.

Is there a pic somewhere of what the blank piece looks like? (I just want to start getting a grocery list ready)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back