"Dresden Files" - I found Bob's Skull! *COMPLETED PICS*

Kerr Avon

Master Member
I loved the Dresden Files TV series that was on and I've been keeping an eye out for the original skull used to make Bob and I think I finally found it. The first image is a pic of the screen used skull from the original artist:

attachment.php

And here's a skull I found:

attachment.php

I think this has to be it, if not, the closest skull I've ever seen to it. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Re: "Dresden Files" - Did I find Bob's Skull?

It certainly looks very close. I see a couple of minute differences, but they could be from the slightly different angles the skulls are at.

Can you share where you found the skull?

Looks good to me. Let's see what some aging, carving and a few romance novels will do to it.

Cheers

Sebastian

looks great.. shame they gave him a body in the show, i liked the talking skull approach in the books

Pretty close, but the eye sockets on the prop looks to be slightly larger

Which I think is just a result of expanding it a bit with some sanding and dremelling maybe. I think there are just too many 'tells' in it that make it look like it's the source. This skull has also been on sale since 2005, which is a couple years before the Dresden show. It's a bit expensive though, running at $162 so it'd be an expensive experiment if it's not right.

It's the **** Sapien skull available at Sideshow Toys Sideshow Collectibles, Inc. - Homo Sapiens Skull / Skull Reproduction

Here's another view of the sides of the skull and screen used one:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well I went ahead and ordered a skull, so we'll see how it looks with some work.

where did you order it from??? Ive ordered from Bone Clones in the past and they do great work!

Got a shipping notice from Sideshow, so expect to have the skull in hand next week!

Having over a thousand points available to redeem made it cheap too. :D

Are you planning to mold this after you sculpt the runes? if so I would definitely be interested. :)

I just got my Bob skull in the mail and I'm absolutely positive this is the original skull used for him!!!! There's a bit of sanding work to take down some areas, the nose ridge mostly, but also a bit on the jaw. Also remove some teeth and sand that area down.

Side by side comparisons:

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
dresden-files-did-i-find-bobs-skull-screenbob2.jpg-45594d1297918562

attachment.php
dresden-files-did-i-find-bobs-skull-screenbob.jpg-45537d1297829458

I'm just about done with the drawing I think. I might tweak it a little more but most of it is down with sharpy at this point and I think it's close enough in most respects.

attachment.php

No idea if this would be castable once complete, but I'll look into it!

Re: "Dresden Files" - I found Bob's Skull!

So far so good Kerr.

Any idea as to how you are going to age the skull after you carve out the runes and glyphs? Are you going to use raw 18 guage copper wire for the jaw wrapping?

Re: "Dresden Files" - I found Bob's Skull!

Just about done dremeling in the lines! Another night and I'll have the last work done on it and I can start painting it and aging it this weekend.

attachment.php

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back