Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Nov 2017
    6 Days Ago  Jan 12, 2018, 6:51 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #501

backstagejack1 said: View Post

Alright, I got it in. Size Medium. Great sweater, great feel and damn warm. The fit seems decent. Thoughts?
    Looks great! I've got the same sweater, and I wear it all the time. It's the most comfortable piece of clothing that I own!
    From
    Southern California
    6 Days Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 1:09 AM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #502

There's no chance of this shrinking if I take it to the dry cleaners or get it wet in the rain? Maybe a stupid question, I've just never had a wool sweater like this.
    There's always a chance of shrinking with a wool garment. Unless there's a laundering tag on the sweater that says differently, it would be best to have it dry cleaned. You're better off not wearing it in rain, but if it gets wet the best thing to do is to lay it on a dry towel (preferably a white towel so there's no risk of dye transfer) on a flat surface and allow it to dry naturally. Hanging it while it's wet is not a good idea because the weight of the water can stretch the wool, and it will retain the shape of whatever you hang it from.

I think "medium" is a good size for you--appropriate for dressing as The Dude and for everyday wear.
    5 Days Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 11:34 AM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #503

Thanks for the help and comments, Dudes. Looks like the weather has made a great turn for me wearing it. I'm sure it's been said before, but this sweater really brings the outfit together.

I've noticed that the stripes on the end of the sleeves are much farther up than the original Pendleton. It bothers me..... but not enough for me to return this awesome cardigan.
    Last edited by backstagejack1; 5 Days Ago at 9:09 PM.
    5 Days Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 9:01 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #504

Wanted to share, not sure if anyone has purchased from this company. Seems they have some decent Jelly sandals for sale. Though the website seems a bit..... questionable.

http://www.lameduse.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sun_trans_1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	125.7 KB 
ID:	787108
    From
    Southern California
    5 Days Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 11:00 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #505

Wanted to share, not sure if anyone has purchased from this company. Seems they have some decent Jelly sandals for sale. Though the website seems a bit..... questionable.

http://www.lameduse.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sun_trans_1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	125.7 KB 
ID:	787108
    I ordered my first pair of jelly sandals from them back in 2011. European sizing is different from U.S. sizing so I exchanged a few e-mails with someone at La Meduse while trying to figure out which size I should order, but they were extremely helpful and the size they recommended was perfect for me. The entire transaction was problem-free, and I'd probably still have those sandals if our dog hadn't chewed one of 'em to bits. I did replace them, but don't remember where I got the second pair; evilBay, I think.
    From
    Seattle, WA
    4 Days Ago  Jan 14, 2018, 11:08 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #506

Looks good, man! Large might give a bit more loose look to it, but i wouldn't sweat it too much. I've yet to take mine to a dry cleaners since i've only worn it a couple of times so far, but normally dry cleaning won't shrink wool -- if the cleaners know what they are doing, of course. Haven't gotten mine rained on, either, but that shouldn't shrink it. if anything, it will make the wool heavily from being water logged and maybe stretch it a weeeeee bit due to the water weight. Either way, I think you're golden with it!

Cheers!
    15 Hours Ago  Jan 18, 2018, 7:35 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #507

Thanks so much guys!!! So just a heads up for anyone that wants one, they're available here for $143 brand new.

https://www.dillards.com/p/pendleton...ater/505379371

I was able to inspire a few of my co-workers to buy one so now we all match, haha. The Dude abides after all.
  8. Member Since
    Nov 2017
    14 Hours Ago  Jan 18, 2018, 7:52 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #508

Thanks so much guys!!! So just a heads up for anyone that wants one, they're available here for $143 brand new.

https://www.dillards.com/p/pendleton...ater/505379371

I was able to inspire a few of my co-workers to buy one so now we all match, haha. The Dude abides after all.
    Wow, that's an impressive discount! If I didn't have one already then I would be all over that deal.