MODIFY Back to the Future DeLorean 1:15

Thanks,
Not sure if you can tell, but the wire is actually evergreen tubes painted & glued together... might be easier if I just found the wire.. :wacko
Anyone know where I can find small wire like the one used "inside" the 1:15 delorean?

In the meantime, I took a break from the wires & started to remove the seat belts..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

im probably too late with this, but for very thin wiring....go to a "dollar" store like dollar general or family dollar......the have really cheap sets of earbud style headphones, cut those up, and inside there is very thin green, red, and bare copper colored wire. plus the black insulation works for other stuff too....the headphoes are usually $1.00, and your gonna get about a foot of each color of wire from them, plus the insulation.

i build alot of 1/25th scale autos, and this wire comes in handy all the time, for stuff like coil wiring, and other small things, and on larger scales, such as a 1/8th 32 ford i have in the works, i wired the entire dashboard with it.

hope this helps out.
bryan

Thanks your guys for keeping this thread alive.
Unfortunately lack of getting graphic design work and health issues have affected allot of my personal projects. :(
I hope I can get back to it soon.

Firstly, incredible work thus far. This thread spans three years and I've spent the best part of my evening pouring over each detail and update. Truly inspiring effort. I've long wanted a Delorean of my own and would've been happy with one of the models, but after seeing this I don't think anything shop-bought will ever do! You've set the bar VERY high indeed!

Priorities change and things happen in life, so I understand taking a well needed break. Just know that you have another fan of your efforts so far and another subscriber to the post when you decide to pick up the tools and finish this baby!

Chris

- - - Updated - - -

All great ideas! Thanks :thumbsup

im probably too late with this, but for very thin wiring....go to a "dollar" store like dollar general or family dollar......the have really cheap sets of earbud style headphones, cut those up, and inside there is very thin green, red, and bare copper colored wire. plus the black insulation works for other stuff too....the headphoes are usually $1.00, and your gonna get about a foot of each color of wire from them, plus the insulation.

i build alot of 1/25th scale autos, and this wire comes in handy all the time, for stuff like coil wiring, and other small things, and on larger scales, such as a 1/8th 32 ford i have in the works, i wired the entire dashboard with it.

hope this helps out.
bryan

This photo shows the majority of threads that start out strong on the RPF...

1984.png

LOL!! Funny, but sad! This is how she sits up to now...
But i WILL finish it... one day. :D

View attachment 360268
Not sad at all my Friend, I could only imagine how busy you get offline, i'm the same way with work and volunteering that I hardly get to build or paint anymore these days, I miss it and I miss playing Xbox but anyways, take your time and it's great to see you again and the car looks great, you sure have a great talent there. :)

Thanks, I appreciate it. :)

Not sad at all my Friend, I could only imagine how busy you get offline, i'm the same way with work and volunteering that I hardly get to build or paint anymore these days, I miss it and I miss playing Xbox but anyways, take your time and it's great to see you again and the car looks great, you sure have a great talent there. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back