MODIFY Back to the Future DeLorean 1:15

Man, this job is amazing. The work you did to redo the reactor core just blew my mind. I really hope you'll find the time and patience to complete your project.

I also bought one of those toys, with the feeling I'd do the same with the old Aoshima models I've modified in my teens... But I know now with I've never started. :D

Hello all! Nice to see interest in this still. :)
Well, things are finally starting to settle down. The delorean has been in storage for a while in it's original package (under my desk). I took it out the other day to see what else I need to do to progress... but the back bands intimidate me... I think I've been trying to see if I can some how make it easier.. but no ideas. Just the hard way. I REGRET removing the electrical components... thinking of MAYBE using parts from a spare car and adding back in to this baby. EL wire sounds good... but can afford much right now. I also regret not making a cast of the Reactor... would have been nice to offer them to the public. :( anyway, the delorean WILL be finished one day. I just need to "put my mind to it". :)

Hello all! Nice to see interest in this still. :)
Well, things are finally starting to settle down. The delorean has been in storage for a while in it's original package (under my desk). I took it out the other day to see what else I need to do to progress... but the back bands intimidate me... I think I've been trying to see if I can some how make it easier.. but no ideas. Just the hard way. I REGRET removing the electrical components... thinking of MAYBE using parts from a spare car and adding back in to this baby. EL wire sounds good... but can afford much right now. I also regret not making a cast of the Reactor... would have been nice to offer them to the public. :( anyway, the delorean WILL be finished one day. I just need to "put my mind to it". :)

I was thinking about bands myself last night, thinking how could I easily bend them into a smooth shape. If you had a material the right diameter that was soft enough to bend, like large solder, it would probably work.

The idea is this, position strips of styrene over the car, file out channels for the rod to go through..glue, and bend, glue and bend. Pretty sure you can get larger diameter solder that would suit your needs...can't imagine how hard that brass would have been to bend.

think solder would be a bit too floppy when handling the car , ive got some copper tig welding wire i plan to use , seems to be firm but okay to work with by hand

Could you give me a List of all the things you used for this and what they were used for? I Modified mine but I'm only 15 so its not AMAZING like yours is!

Making a Clock tower to go with the cars:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrpotatoheadcollector/7049095933/in/photostream/
Also I've Made some BTTF Figures to go along with My Mod car!
Marty-Body: Han Solo, Head: Luke Skywalker (soon to be B-wing Pilot)
Doc (Hawaiian Shirt)-Torso: Chuckles, Head: unknown, Legs: Hannibal
Jennifer- Hoth Leia
Rad suit Marty (Darth Vader)-Snowstorm(?)
Doc (2015)- Han Solo Endor Gear
photostream

Last edited:
It is a pity that this project fell so much in this work has been inserted.
I am inspired by the project, I am slowly gathering material to modify my Delorean 1:18.
Congratulations to tek2graphics for his work on this.

Thanks Mateh,
Yes, allot of work has been put into it, and i still have it next to my computer. I do plan of finishing it one day. :unsure Will post pics as soon as I have something to show.

It is a pity that this project fell so much in this work has been inserted.
I am inspired by the project, I am slowly gathering material to modify my Delorean 1:18.
Congratulations to tek2graphics for his work on this.

I have the same Delorean toy but I would LOVE to have it in hover mode with lights coming out from the tires. I love your updates, keep up the great work!

Firstly, incredible work thus far. This thread spans three years and I've spent the best part of my evening pouring over each detail and update. Truly inspiring effort. I've long wanted a Delorean of my own and would've been happy with one of the models, but after seeing this I don't think anything shop-bought will ever do! You've set the bar VERY high indeed!

Priorities change and things happen in life, so I understand taking a well needed break. Just know that you have another fan of your efforts so far and another subscriber to the post when you decide to pick up the tools and finish this baby!

Chris

Thanks for the info. I'm considering on doing sort of the same thing you've done with a Jeep Cherokee toy vehicle I have.
if you go to micheals craft store you can also use "embossing powder" to simulate carpet in scale autos, you can find it in the same isle as the rubber stamp stuff. it works really well, ive been using it for a while now and i like it. model master also makes a decent flocking material as well.

if you go to micheals craft store you can also use "embossing powder" to simulate carpet in scale autos, you can find it in the same isle as the rubber stamp stuff. it works really well, ive been using it for a while now and i like it. model master also makes a decent flocking material as well.

Awesomeness. Thanks for that piece of info too. :D

quite a few pages back i read that you kinda werent happy with the color, im not sure how well you know the automotive side of modeling, looks like you know it well though, but testors makes a great brand of paints under the "model master" name called metaliser.....you shoot them on, and buff them lightly and they look just like metal.

they have just about any type of bare metal color you can think of, stainless steel, steel, magnesium, cast iron, aluminum,copper, brass..........the list goes on and on... its excellent stuff. you can buy it in spray cans, or premix for the airbrush (recommended) just a thought, after reading your posts, hope it helps.

excellent build so far, i love all the details you`ve added to it. very nice work!

cheers
bryan

- - - Updated - - -

Awesomeness. Thanks for that piece of info too. :D

you`re welcome. im new here, and glad i could help!

cheers
bryan

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back