U-boat type VIIc

The Revell 1/72 is the very best. I made one all radio controlled and diving. Sold it awhile ago and built this 1/32 beast. But this kit isn't available anymore. Also radio controlled: Welcome To My Website

On this page is the Revell: Welcome To My Website

And if by some chance you want a really accurate big 1/32 VIIC my friend Bob makes this one: Type 7 (Germany)

Enjoy,

Steve

IMG_5090.jpg

nearFinished8.jpg

nearFinished4.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that 1/32 is awesome!! Thanks for the info.

I want to replicate the U-352. My Great Grandfather sunk that U-boat it in WW2. I have a few books on it and have always wanted to build one.

Thanks!

FB

That shouldn't be too hard with either kits. Price wise the Revell is the was to go and there's lots of after market parts for it and PE decks and more. It's not that big but it's a really well made kit. It's a great build.

You must be proud of your great Grandfather.

Steve

Hey, i just found out my 1/87 VIIc masterpattern has finally been reproduced and released for sale by my client, a local factory. Will be presented at the Neurenberg Toy Fair next week.

This daytime job kept me from working on the APC's a lot last year, spent some 4 months on it. Pics are a bit crappy though, don't completely understand their unorganized batch of pics, or the flashphotography.

But, uhm, yeah, recommended :cool..

Fotohandleiding bouwen onderzeeboot VII C

Go to page 6, halfway down with pics of one of the painted models.

Cheers,

Wasili

PB121369.jpg

PB121374.jpg

Thanx Steve, but can't take credit for the finished model. I only build the masterpattern and drew the cad files for the etchings.

Cheers,

Wasili

Great job wasili! Any clue what the final price will be?

Steve, I'm real proud of him. He made it on the cover of LIFE Magazine in 1942 for being the first person in WW2 to receive the Navy Cross. I have some info on my Blog.

FB

Oh wow, that's a great cover of your grandfather....Love your custom pieces, btw.

And thanx Steve and FB, i spent quite a while looking through hundreds of pics making sure the decks, the towers (i build two versions) and all the details were build as accurate as possible.

I think the VIIc kit they now produce (waterline), will be priced at a whopping 190 euro. It's a resin kit, not injection molded. The factory i build for determines the price, i have nothing to do with that.

Cheers,

Wasili

FB your art skills are fantastic. I tip my hat. Excellent! The concept ships really blew me away!

Your Great Grandfather is a great man. What a picture. My Grandfather was in the Pacific in 42. My wife and I are big WW2 fans. I think, between the two of us we own every film from the period. Her mother was in the RAF and the blitz. It was an amazing time in the history of the world.

Most of the models I build are from the period. Both ships, subs, and RC warbirds.

Steve

If you are looking for the 1/72 Revell then keep an eye over on Hyperscale, I managed to pick one up a few months ago and some times you can get a great deal on the Type VIIC and the Gato together.

If you are looking for the 1/72 Revell then keep an eye over on Hyperscale, I managed to pick one up a few months ago and some times you can get a great deal on the Type VIIC and the Gato together.

Thanks! What is Hyperscale? I found a discussion group but it looks very confusing. :confused

Thanks Steve! :thumbsup

FB

Yeah it is a discussion group type forum.
The Ship Chat area has more For Sale postings than anything but there are at times good deals on kits.

I'm not a member of the forum I just swing by it once a day to see whats new.
If you do see something of interest you can just email the person selling, that's what I did.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back