Iron Man 2 Briefcase Build

You thought about possible doing a run of these? I am sure there would be interest. oh and did you ever upload the pep files for this?

I actually have. Not sure if folks would prefer vacuum formed (that's a big table ) or cast in plastic or fiberglass.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I think resin or FG would be the most popular choice but it would probably be faster and easier to maintain consistency with the vacuumed former. You might try posting an interest thread and seeing what the consensus would be.

id be interested if it could be made into a usable briefcase, ive been searching for one for a couple of years but the only one ive found so far is so expensive I nearly fainted. would love to have one as a laptop case.

Hey gang. I haven't given up on this build. I've just been terribly busy, not to mention I also started 3D printing a rocketeer rocketpack. So I'm just working on multiple projects at once. Stay tuned. I hope to be adding more progress of this build in the coming days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am looking into working on one of these as well. I have been looking for a case that I could put this as a facade on and have a functional briefcase. Just finding one that meets that dimensions with a robust hinge system that doesn't stick out a mile is a little difficult.

Well, I started printing up more parts today. So that's one piece of good news.

Also, I've decided that I will do a run of these to sell. They will be raw casts though, no finished builds. I plan on building the cast copies with a gel coat surface (catches the detail much better) then reinforced with multiple layers of fiberglass. The smaller components will be cast in Smooth-On resin. Without knowing the exact cost of materials, my rough guess will be anywhere between $300 and $400 a kit before shipping. The more people who are interested and place deposits (only when I am ready to make the mold) means I can sell them for the lower price. That silicone rubber isn't cheap stuff.

So keep an eye out as I keep building this prop.

The first 3D printed parts. More coming soon!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445013152.524907.jpg

Well, I started printing up more parts today. So that's one piece of good news.

Also, I've decided that I will do a run of these to sell. They will be raw casts though, no finished builds. I plan on building the cast copies with a gel coat surface (catches the detail much better) then reinforced with multiple layers of fiberglass. The smaller components will be cast in Smooth-On resin. Without knowing the exact cost of materials, my rough guess will be anywhere between $300 and $400 a kit before shipping. The more people who are interested and place deposits (only when I am ready to make the mold) means I can sell them for the lower price. That silicone rubber isn't cheap stuff.

So keep an eye out as I keep building this prop.

Id be interested for sure, would it work as an actual briefcase or just be a replica?

Id be interested for sure, would it work as an actual briefcase or just be a replica?

It'll be hollow, so you could add hinges and make it totally functional. You'll just need to make a custom interior for whatever you wanna put inside.

Ok... My extruder had a meltdown and I had to get a new heating element and nozzle. The good news is that it solved my printing issues. 12 hours later and I have the two center sections done.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447429132.215027.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back