First Look: Andrew Garfield in Spider-Man Costume

The more I see the suit, the more I'm thinking it might be MADE out of the web material.

It reflects light with sort of a glistening effect in certain pics. (like a spiders web)

I mean if he had hold of a soft but SUPER strong fiber... and can control it... It makes sense that he would make the suit out of it. I know that probably wasn't in ANY of the comics. But would make more sense to have to explain ONE crazy technical thing than 2.

If you had access to the strongest silk fiber in the world.... why would you make your outfit out of spandex? I guess that is my real line of thinking here.

If I'm wrong just ignore this. If I'm RIGHT... YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!! :lol

That would be a cool idea, but isn't the webbing supposed to disintegrate after a few hours? (not to mention isn't supposed to be a fluid, not actual silk) Wouldn't make much sense to have super strong webbing that stayed stuck on buildings. People would call Spidey a vandal for desecrating their buildings (plus some evil company could take samples of it and reverse engineer it to make their own web silk create their own line of spectacular Spidey suits (Spider-Man Reboot 2: Attack of the Fantastical Fashionistas:eek:sick)

His webbing doesnt last forever - plus does spidey have diffrent colored webbing - if so, why would he invent colored webbing?

I like that this crew member has a Matrix jack in his head....

spidey3e.png

:lol

Ugh, that notch across the shoulders may be the worst part. I can see playing with the lines and the proportions of shapes, finding interesting materials and textures, but the design of Spidey's costume is truly a classic that didn't need this level of re-imagining.

Why is his junk discolored? did he pee himself?

This costume is an absolute disgrace to all things Spiderman. I would've been happy with the Ben Reilly (was that his name?) costume or even the 2099 version. This is terrible.

just a theory, but could it be possible that the loud colors, lack of web texture, shiny lines on the shoes, and zany lines and patterns on the various portions of this stunt suit could be something of a "pre-render" aid for when the CG Spidey is added in later? I know the truck is going to be doctored up for sure to get rid of the tape lines, so why not spidey himself? This is a night scene after-all, and they might just need a loud suit with all those crazy details to help keep track of the stunt person.

Just something me and a friend noticed today.... thoughts? questions?

Look at that! The front half of the face is foam rubber! Interesting idea.

spidermansetpicsfeb4a1-550x856.jpg

Kinda reminds me of the solution they used for Danger Diabolik.

5166993627_69b18fd072_o.jpg

3244829633_e151487c36.jpg

Nick

Last edited:
Judging by the mask and the cup its a stunt suit or something thats just meant to be shot from the back.

Still hate it.

Andrew Garfield and the stunt man were both on set in spidey suits(stunt and hero) for this scene. So what you see is most likely what you're gonna get. I'm trying to like the suit, but they took a costume design that was genius in it's simplicity and arbitrarily changed it. I really dislike the lines on the legs going up to the back belt, the unnecessarily busy gloves and the tiny back spider.

Why is his junk discolored? did he pee himself?

This costume is an absolute disgrace to all things Spiderman. I would've been happy with the Ben Reilly (was that his name?) costume or even the 2099 version. This is terrible.

Really? It's worse than this?

spiderman1977_838.jpg

spider-man+nick+hammond+costume+cbs+1977+marvel+comics+spidey+live-action.gif.gif

...and net to leave other Marvel characters out in the cold....
Heroes.jpg

Call me crazy, I like the 70's Nicholas Hammond costume. I might change some things slightly, like the belt and the chest spider, but it's the closest to what I'd like the suit to be that's been on screen.

Call me crazy, I like the 70's Nicholas Hammond costume. I might change some things slightly, like the belt and the chest spider, but it's the closest to what I'd like the suit to be that's been on screen.

Ditto... I was wondering if I was the only one thinking that. I like the Hammond Spidey costume. I'd change a few things like you mentioned but it's a good costume IMHO. I wish they'd release those episodes on DVD...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back