Rian Johnson to write and direct a new trilogy of films.. (Star Wars Universe)

That's the thing. There HAS to be an overall story people have to stick to if one guy isn't doing the whole thing. If there was, they wouldn't have moved IX back 6 months just because they changed directors.
Just to note, VIII was also delayed 6 months for rewrites. Original announced release date was May.

I heard they put it back to december because TFA did so phenomenally well there.

Kind of makes you question the judgement of those in charge not releasing Solo this December. I guess "Franchise fatigue" and "Poor marketing" excuse`s were not thought up as an excuse a bit earlier in all those meetings.:lol

LIAR.jpg :lol:lol:lol:lol:facepalm

I wasn't really expecting much out of TLJ when I went in, honestly, especially since Disney was going to give it the same treatment as they did the MCU, namely "one film a year," which I would guess sounded good on paper but on execution there's no fanbase more fickle than quite possibly any sci-fi fanbase.

So yeah, in way, TLJ really did subvert my expectations in that I went in thinking it would be okay at best and I went out fully satisfied and hyped up for both Episode IX and Rian's trilogy.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back