Todd McFarlane's Getting into Star Trek Toys/Role Play Prop replicas

Since the have the rights for all of the movies I really hope we will see the Communicators from ST3 & ST5 as no one has ever done a licensed version of these. I would also like to see the Phasers from First Contact and Nemesis.

So they are going to do everything except the jj verse?

At least he has taste! :lol

Actually u can buy decent toy replicas of Star Trek V communicators-- they were walkie talkies but shape/color were correct .. look on eBay ... first contact phasers were sold by playmates... just need to repaint it... I am hoping for phaser rifles and better Tricorders :)

Actually u can buy decent toy replicas of Star Trek V communicators-- they were walkie talkies but shape/color were correct .. look on eBay ... first contact phasers were sold by playmates... just need to repaint it... I am hoping for phaser rifles and better Tricorders :)

The Walkie Talkies and the First Contact phasers were both oversized. They are great toys and look nice but are a bit too big.

McFarlane can go suck a rock. He's never been good at recreating accurate details.

I was at the presentation - it was clear McFarlane wasn't much of a Star Trek fan, but his two managers / designers who are in charge of the line were *huge* fans and repeatedly stressed a commitment to accuracy and authenticity. Hopefully they will deliver.

On that note, one thing that I wasn't sure what to make of: the Picard figure prototypes were holding movie-style boomerang phasers, but the presentation slide showing the intended accessories did indicate a TNG cobra phaser (was not just a prop photo shrunken down). The head-sculpt likeness at least looked more like Stewart than any previous figure.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back