The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

Anyone else gonna pick up the Nintendo classic?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Can't find any retailer selling them, was just looking today to see if anyone would be getting them on the 11th. Amazon isn't listing them yet and the ones being offered on ebay are all being sold for over $200 instead of the $60 retail cost.

Nintendo's pretty much said there will be no online sales nor preorders of it, if you want it you have to go stand in line. My friend and i are thinking it's partly to stop people from buying 10 of them and selling them at 3x the price. I just thikn it's another Nintendo misstep and they're going to tick off alot of folks. I know a lot of folks with kids into retro gaming that would like this thing. It's going to be hard to get ahold of for 6 months then suddenly they'll be in stores and online all over. Next year sega's promising their own version of it, which is odd as basically they've been selling those all over for 50.00 for years now just without hdmi.

Nintendo's pretty much said there will be no online sales nor preorders of it, if you want it you have to go stand in line. My friend and i are thinking it's partly to stop people from buying 10 of them and selling them at 3x the price. I just thikn it's another Nintendo misstep and they're going to tick off alot of folks. I know a lot of folks with kids into retro gaming that would like this thing. It's going to be hard to get ahold of for 6 months then suddenly they'll be in stores and online all over. Next year sega's promising their own version of it, which is odd as basically they've been selling those all over for 50.00 for years now just without hdmi.
Sega made one of their own? And they produced it themselves?

I think the biggest misstep on this thing is that you can't buy more games for it.

sega megadrive is here in the stores for like 60 euros which includes 80 games. you can get a MK version which contains all mortal kombat games and another one.

sega megadrive is here in the stores for like 60 euros which includes 80 games. you can get a MK version which contains all mortal kombat games and another one.
Butyl isn't that a 3rd party rom system?

I've tried roms so many times but I never like them

No idea about that just saw that they were on sale. Was actually tempted to get one since i still got a few old cartridges around.

No idea about that just saw that they were on sale. Was actually tempted to get one since i still got a few old cartridges around.
I've tried rom systems before but they are always buggy and the response rate isn't great.

The difference with this one is that it's made by Nintendo and it's a real quality piece of hardware. And the controllers are supposed to be perfect.
I've heard rumour that Sega will put out their own. I hope that's true. I also hope it has both genesis AND sms.

There's one version of the Genesis that comes out yearly that actually will play the game carts. I wish they'd put ports on these to download/install more roms. My handheld genesis has one so now it's got every game imaginable on it as it also does some master system games. I'd love to build a handheld to run them but getting the software is harder every year as nothing runs well on windows 10 now.

I think I'm getting old... I haven't really had the desire to play anything in a long while... what happened to me? ;)

I've been thinking the same thing lately...it's either there's been literally nothing that has interested me, or I'm just getting old.

I did enjoy "ReCore" on my Xbox One, but as soon as I finished the main story some other things came up around the house and I never got around to going back to finish exploring. I still might, but right now I'm kind of doubting it.

The sad part is the only two games I'm looking forward to are "Ghost Recon Wildlands" and "Red Dead Redemption 2."

That said, I kind of want to get a PS4 and the PS VR...not for games, but because I've read that watching movies on the VR is like having a 208" screen in your room...and that's quite a jump over the 65 I've got now...:lol

I downloaded the Special Edition of Skyrim, but quickly went back to my modded out standard edition game. I looooooooooooooooove the look of the new edition, but I'm so spoiled by my modded game, I just couldn't deal with vanilla. I'll give it a few months for more of the mods to port over to the new game then try it again. :D

I downloaded the Special Edition of Skyrim, but quickly went back to my modded out standard edition game. I looooooooooooooooove the look of the new edition, but I'm so spoiled by my modded game, I just couldn't deal with vanilla. I'll give it a few months for more of the mods to port over to the new game then try it again. :D

I've only played Skyrim for like an hour when it first came out...it just didn't hook me for some reason...but I keep hearing about the mods and stuff. What are they?? Can users create content or skins or something?

I've only played Skyrim for like an hour when it first came out...it just didn't hook me for some reason...but I keep hearing about the mods and stuff. What are they?? Can users create content or skins or something?

Content skins, overhauls to user interface, texture overhauls, adding entirely new companions, housing...

I have a mod that makes the night sky prettier, one that makes the characters more attractive, one that gives me more hair options, one that allows my followers to ride horses, and one that allows me to have more than one follower with me at a time (because those last two were super-stupid restrictions, in my opinion).

If you're interested in seeing some of the mods that have come out for the PC version check Nexus Mods out. It's my go-to for killer mods.

Some pics of my current modded out game are posted on my Facebook, if you want to see some examples of what it looks like.

I haven't tried the Skyrim remaster because I'm playing Witcher 3. I'm going to wait because they said the audio files are extremely compressed. They said they are going to fix "some", which is stupid IMO. If you're on PC there's a way to import the regular game sounds files in I guess. I didn't mod much of Skyrim other than add some lore-friendly armor and weapons into it and give traders more money. Oh I did try one that let you set a home outfit so your wife or husband isn't wearing full armor around your house. My nephew plays it and he's got all kinds of crazy mods like lightsabers and stuff. That bugs me because it's not canon! :lol

I haven't tried the Skyrim remaster because I'm playing Witcher 3. I'm going to wait because they said the audio files are extremely compressed. They said they are going to fix "some", which is stupid IMO. If you're on PC there's a way to import the regular game sounds files in I guess. I didn't mod much of Skyrim other than add some lore-friendly armor and weapons into it and give traders more money. Oh I did try one that let you set a home outfit so your wife or husband isn't wearing full armor around your house. My nephew plays it and he's got all kinds of crazy mods like lightsabers and stuff. That bugs me because it's not canon! :lol

LOL. Yeah, I hear you on that! I don’t do the crazy ones like making the moon into the death star or adding superheroes in as companions. Many of my mods are to make the game prettier or to add more convenience to the game. :)

Let's not forget the rather naughty mods you can get for Skyrim and fallout lol. If only Sony weren't such prudes. I canceled my retro-bit console and get a raspberry pi-3 based mini console. I really want that Titanfall 2 set with the 1:1 scale helmet but 250.00 is a bit much. The new COD looks amazing so it's on my list to get used or for 20.00 at Walmart in 3 months lol.

Last edited:
i finally got around to getting battlefield 1. It certainly looks great but alot of frustrating things in the game aswell tho so hoing patches will be coming soon to fix majority of these. And finally the release of the new final fantasy is near so def can't wait for that title.

It's nice to see some companies interested in WW1, it and Korea get neglected big time and the civil war is too touchy a subject to do in a game. I was watching a video on youtube and an airship got shot down and looked amazing as it Hindenburg'd into the ground. It landed right on the town everyone was fighting in and wiped it out.

LOL. Yeah, I hear you on that! I don’t do the crazy ones like making the moon into the death star or adding superheroes in as companions. Many of my mods are to make the game prettier or to add more convenience to the game. :)

Quite true.

Although, I always wanted to do the Game of Thrones mods to run around Skyrim with certain Valaryian steel swords :cool.

Took a break from Xcom 2 to finish Assassin's Creed: Unity. I have Syndicate sitting on the shelf, one of many(ok, like 4), still in cellophane that I've collected up over the last two years. I don't know if I'll start that or one of the others next.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back