DEXTER KILLED ME - PHOTO CONTEST - Winner Announced!!!

Re: DEXTER KILLED ME - PHOTO CONTEST - Win Prop Replicas from Dexter!

These are all AWESOME! Some very creative entries as well. We've got one more day left!!!

Hi guys, first time poster, long time lurker. :)

I saw this competition and wanted to enter as this looks like a cool comp.

Story

The Ritual

......#My addictions manifest in a darker form,
If the heart is a house, I have a bloodstained lawn.
My public portrait's immaculate, but there's blood on the easel...

My name is Dexter Morgan, and I kill people#

Dexter Blood Sample.jpg

Creation

My idea for this photo came from Dexters ritual which he performs at each of his killings. We wanted Dexter to be the main focus of the shot with the person he was killing visible but out of focus. Firstly we placed a blanket on the floor and wrapped some tin foil around it to make it look metallic like a kill table. This was then covered with cling film to dull the brightness of the foil to emulate the way Dexter does it in the show. We then asked the "victim" (my mum :D ) to lie down on the floor on top of the blanket and act scared. We then added the details to the victim: blood on the cheek, tape over the mouth and cling film over the top of the head. Once the victim was prepared we added a drop of fake blood onto a "slide" which was made from a cut up coleslaw container. The final element was the rubber gloves which Dexter always wears.
Using off camera flash we created some dynamic lighting and a wide aperture to keep the elements we wanted in focus whilst the rest remained blurred out.

Song lyrics used in this post are courtesy of Scroobius Pip - The Struggle.

Hope you like it! :D

Dex.jpg

THE STORY:

Sometimes a kill happens unexpectedly. You see your opening and take it. Not every kill can be planned or take place according to the code. You need to strike, like a puma attacking it's prey.

According to the code.

I should have listened to Harry. Was that a garage door opening? Quickly I gather my tools and find the window I left open. Whats going to happen? How does a wife react to finding her husband dead in the bathroom? I dont plan on finding out.

Damn it Harry - Why didnt I listen.

HOW:

This was actually just a combination of a camera timer, some ketchup :) and a very awkwardly contorted body in the bathtub :)

Last edited:

This is my submission to the Dexter Contest and actually my first post here in RPF!

dexter_contest.jpg

Pregnant women drugged and left to die, unborn baby stolen.
- Tanya, eight months pregnant, was found murdered in Wellington, Miami. According police whitness report Tanya was doing some personal errands when she was approached by an unknown woman. Same whitness saw Tanya getting in the car with unknown woman. Tanya was found near Wellington. There they used some instrument to cut her open, removed the baby from her womb and left her to die...

Making off Tanya's murder.
- Tanya is actually eight months pregnant but don't worry, no harm was done to anyone while making this picture. I used couple off clean hospital green/blueish paper sheets to cover rest of the body, like they do in hospital also. Fake blood was used on the edge of the knife and picture was taken with other hand from tripod. Before taking actual picture with blood i figured out the setup with external flash, some reflectors and gobos to get clean and contrasty feeling in the picture. With all that i tried to get professional feeling in the picture. Not just the quality of picture but also like these people would know what they are doing and they will continue doing it until they ended up on Dexter's table...

Creativity: 10 out of 10. Creepiness: 100 out of 10! I am glad I don't have to judge these! This isn't going to be easy for those who do!

View attachment 202930

Entry: The Gig is Up

1) Story
Being a forensic blood spatter analyst, Dexter is used to gruesome murder scenes. After all, that’s what he does in his free time. But there is always a reason for Dexter’s violence, a code that he follows. This is not the case with the two serial killers that he has been tracking in his backyard of Miami Florida. He has seen what these two psychopaths are capable of. He was called to one murder scene where there were twelve people gruesomely tortured, stabbed, beheaded, and then set on fire in a remote warehouse. They didn't deserve this type of death. They were innocent. What bothered Dexter even more was the fact that this wasn't the only incident. There were more and more grisly scenes just like this popping up all over Miami. They had to be stopped.

The Miami-Metro Police Department didn't have much information to go off. The only “information” they had was given to them by an old homeless man outside one of the crime scenes. The man said that there were two men that entered the warehouse. They were driving a long black Chevy Impala that had a bunch of weapons in the trunk. “They were definitely serial killers!,” the man exclaimed to the police officer taking the report. Armed with this information Dexter started hunting for this Chevy Impala. He searched for weeks before finally finding the Impala outside a local 7-Eleven gas station. Something was wrong…There was only one person with the Impala. Where was the man’s accomplice?

Dexter follows the Impala to where he hopes the man’s partner in crime is hiding. For 30 minutes Dexter follows the Impala without incident. Then, without notice, it swerved onto a back road and slams on the brakes. The Driver is on his cell phone. Dexter can’t know who, but he suspects it’s the man’s partner. Suddenly the man in the Impala whips his head around and looks Dexter dead in the eyes. This is it. Without missing a step Dexter exits his car and approaches the man asking if he knows the directions to the nearest gas station. This buys Dexter time. In one sweeping motion Dexter pulls his knife and stabs the man in the chest before he can react. The man slumps the ground with a thud. “One down, one to go.” Dexter mutters to himself. Curious to see what these traveling serial killers had in their trunk, Dexter pops the trunk. This was the right Impala… These guys had guns, knives, gasoline, and even a grenade launcher. Dexter quickly kneels down to move the man into the trunk when a car’s headlights flash behind him. Is this the other man’s partner that he was talking to on the cell phone?

2) Creation
I created this photo by using my 1967 Supernatural Impala. Making this Impala took three years and a lot of hard work. You can view the restoration process HERE (http://www.therpf.com/f9/supernatural-replica-hunter-1967-impala-finished-138218/) This Impala had all the props and weapons that I needed for this story so it worked out well. I also made the fake blood for the knife wound. My Dad was the victim and my mom ran the camera. Thanks Mom and DAD! The rest of the picture is kind of self-explanatory.

Wow, You really get an A+ in your creative twist merging Dexter with my other favorite "serial killers" Sam and Dean Winchester! Love the Weapons cache and the "Supernatural" spin in this Dexter Killed Me contest! Sam, Dean and his "Baby" (the Impala) all tied to what the public would interpret as "serial killers" not knowing the back story on them being "Hunters" of all evil supernatural beings that need specific methods employed to assure that the monsters killed stay DEAD!! All you are lacking is Castiel coming into the scene to save the day, maybe that could be in part 2? ;-P

Ok guys.. sadly, my lighting last night only allowed for some quick shots before I had to take it down.. so I wasn't able to get pictures as great as what I wanted.. but I hope you still enjoy!

For consideration, I present:

The Dark(side) Passenger

darksidepassenger0.JPG

THE STORY: Dexter's Dark Passenger leads him upon a Jedi. After witnessing his powers while stalking him, Dexter decides he needs to further investigate, especially the mysterious sword of light he sees the Jedi use. Dex sneaks up on the Jedi, and injects him with M99, dropping him. The Jedi begins to awaken once on the table, and slowly begins to use the force to move objects around the room, trying to free himself. His force powers are weak because his midichlorians (I hate you uncle George..) are so slowed by the M99. Dexter takes a blood sample, more interested in studying it than using it as a trophy. But then the force becomes stronger with the Jedi, and he moves the knife from dexters bag of tools and floats it towards the restraints. As objects shake around the room, Dexter panics. He grabs the knife as it hovers above the Jedi, and in a panic he drives the blade into the chest of yet another victim. He stands there, in shock, looking down at what he has done. As he tries to process all of this in his mind, he sees the flesh of his victim begin to dissolve into thin air. Like a cool blast of wind, the body disappears and all that remains is a robe, boots, and clothing.. On the bright side, clean up would be easy. On the dark side.. well.. Dexter's Dark Passenger just crossed over to it.. (*rim shot* *bow* thanks!) As he continues to stare at the pile of clothes still strapped to his table, he glances at the weapon he took from his victim in one hand, and the blood sample in the other. The blood is unlike any of the other slides in his collecton. It has formed a unique symbol, one he will study for years to come..

HOW IT WAS MADE: Ok, so first off, i'm gonna include my other pictures below for you to see the work I put into this. But by no means should they be considered for the contest. In fact, if you guys need me to remove them, or link them from my facebook or something, i'd be glad to. I am slightly frustrated that my camera on my phone wouldn't let me focus right with the light last night, but what can you do, right? So the shot i submit for consideration is that of the kill itself. My second favorite shot is the one I describe above in the story, about dex holding the weapon and the slide. The only reason I wanted to post that is to give you guys a better view of the slide, since I know it didn't focus well on the pinkish table. As for how I did this? My mom played Dexter with the gloves in those shots.. My older brother held the lights. My little brother provided the blood slide box that I got him as a gift a few years back. Table is a massage table, then we have a jedi robe wrapped with saran and some loose duck tape for where the mouth would have been covered.. some brown boots, a 4 mil drop cloth, an old kitchen knife, etc. The blood slide was the most fun to do. I just cut off the plastic top of a marker box, and shaped it to be near a blood slide size. Painted the rebel symbol with some model paint, and boom, good times! I know the one category I probably don't score well in is believability because of the fact that I mixed genres and brought in a jedi into dexters world.. but I don't really do a lot of contests, and if I was gonna do one, I wanted to put my own spin on it! Besides, you guys have already done amazing work on all of the submissions, and I wouldn't want to repeat anything. Hope you guys enjoy it, and best of luck to everyone in the contest!

darksidepassenger1.JPG
darksidepassenger2.JPG
darksidepassenger3.JPG
darksidepassenger4.JPG
darksidepassenger5.JPG

BWAHAHAHA!!! This is GREAT! lol :lol

Ok guys.. sadly, my lighting last night only allowed for some quick shots before I had to take it down.. so I wasn't able to get pictures as great as what I wanted.. but I hope you still enjoy!

For consideration, I present:

The Dark(side) Passenger

View attachment 202999

THE STORY: Dexter's Dark Passenger leads him upon a Jedi. After witnessing his powers while stalking him, Dexter decides he needs to further investigate, especially the mysterious sword of light he sees the Jedi use. Dex sneaks up on the Jedi, and injects him with M99, dropping him. The Jedi begins to awaken once on the table, and slowly begins to use the force to move objects around the room, trying to free himself. His force powers are weak because his midichlorians (I hate you uncle George..) are so slowed by the M99. Dexter takes a blood sample, more interested in studying it than using it as a trophy. But then the force becomes stronger with the Jedi, and he moves the knife from dexters bag of tools and floats it towards the restraints. As objects shake around the room, Dexter panics. He grabs the knife as it hovers above the Jedi, and in a panic he drives the blade into the chest of yet another victim. He stands there, in shock, looking down at what he has done. As he tries to process all of this in his mind, he sees the flesh of his victim begin to dissolve into thin air. Like a cool blast of wind, the body disappears and all that remains is a robe, boots, and clothing.. On the bright side, clean up would be easy. On the dark side.. well.. Dexter's Dark Passenger just crossed over to it.. (*rim shot* *bow* thanks!) As he continues to stare at the pile of clothes still strapped to his table, he glances at the weapon he took from his victim in one hand, and the blood sample in the other. The blood is unlike any of the other slides in his collecton. It has formed a unique symbol, one he will study for years to come..

HOW IT WAS MADE: Ok, so first off, i'm gonna include my other pictures below for you to see the work I put into this. But by no means should they be considered for the contest. In fact, if you guys need me to remove them, or link them from my facebook or something, i'd be glad to. I am slightly frustrated that my camera on my phone wouldn't let me focus right with the light last night, but what can you do, right? So the shot i submit for consideration is that of the kill itself. My second favorite shot is the one I describe above in the story, about dex holding the weapon and the slide. The only reason I wanted to post that is to give you guys a better view of the slide, since I know it didn't focus well on the pinkish table. As for how I did this? My mom played Dexter with the gloves in those shots.. My older brother held the lights. My little brother provided the blood slide box that I got him as a gift a few years back. Table is a massage table, then we have a jedi robe wrapped with saran and some loose duck tape for where the mouth would have been covered.. some brown boots, a 4 mil drop cloth, an old kitchen knife, etc. The blood slide was the most fun to do. I just cut off the plastic top of a marker box, and shaped it to be near a blood slide size. Painted the rebel symbol with some model paint, and boom, good times! I know the one category I probably don't score well in is believability because of the fact that I mixed genres and brought in a jedi into dexters world.. but I don't really do a lot of contests, and if I was gonna do one, I wanted to put my own spin on it! Besides, you guys have already done amazing work on all of the submissions, and I wouldn't want to repeat anything. Hope you guys enjoy it, and best of luck to everyone in the contest!

View attachment 203005
View attachment 203006
View attachment 203007
View attachment 203008
View attachment 203009

Ha! Loads of creativity in all of these! Love the Jedi! :lol

I figured I'd get in on this at the last minute, so I put this together over the weekend.

STORY: Judge, Jury & Executioner
After his sister was brutally attacked and left for dead, the men convicted of the crime, served only 11 months in prison— a mere 'slap on the wrist' for a crime of this magnitude. Due partly to the corrupt justice system and shady lawyers, he saw this happen over and over. Finally, he'd had enough and he decided to take the law into his own hands. Through a series of deceptions & forged documents, he was able to land a job in the Dept. of Corrections. With prison records, he tracked down the men responsible for his sisters attack, and made them pay- mercilessly. Now, from within the system he hates, he helps vicious criminals 'escape' from prison, only to end up in his basement compound to suffer a far worse fate, as he doles out his personal brand of justice.

HOW ITS MADE:
The base for this was a prop electric chair I used for a Halloween costume years ago, and now decorates my apartment year round. A costuming mannequin, latex brain mold and foam latex appliances serve as the 'victim'. Dressed in a prison uniform used for the same costume, the look was complete.
Some stage blood for the exposed brain, a prop bone saw and a cyalume liquid filled syringe, and I was ready to fill the part of the vigilante killer. The lighting was just a red flood bulb hung overhead. Shot with a high ISO helped give it a kinda creepy look.

Thanks for looking!
executioner sml.jpg

Wow!!! All these entries are awesome. How the hell do you sleep at night trying to judge this?

Excellent last minute entry! Judges have a tough choice on their hands. :)

- - - Updated - - -

For the record there is still 12.5 hours left to enter the contest!!!

Just saw this and figured I would share. These were taken a few years ago.

I shot a music video for some friends. These were taken during shooting, which I shot.

The story is simple, a spurned lover who just happens to be a serial killer. That's pretty much it.

dexter6.jpg

dexter3.jpg

dexter.jpg

dexter2.jpg

dexter4.jpg

dexter5.jpg

Just saw this and figured I would share. These were taken a few years ago.

I shot a music video for some friends. These were taken during shooting, which I shot.

The story is simple, a spurned lover who just happens to be a serial killer. That's pretty much it.

So which one are you choosing as your entry? :)

Hi guys, first time entry here on the RPF. Saw this competition and thought it looked like fun.

Story

Knock, Knock...

Dexter has been tracking his latest victim for a while, tonight's the night...

Dexter-Door.jpg

Creating the shot

I wrapped my own head in cling film (like Dexter did in season one) after setting my camera up on a tripod and an off camera flash on the other side of the door to give an almost blinding light effect which would hide 'Dexters' cling wrapped face from view of the 'victim'. I then ran from my camera to the area where I needed to pose after pressing the self timer button. I borrowed a friends jumper that looked like Dexters to help create the Dexter look. Holding the syringe behind my back as the main focus point was the last part of this setup.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back