Flynn Helmet build (Tron 82) *Painted and lit on pg2*

Re: Flynn Helmet build (Tron 82)

Does anyone know what brand of hockey helmet they used for the movie?

12484d1214487318-cooper-sk2000-facts-sk2000-3-color.jpg

Question on painting... Did you mask the colored areas and spray or just hand-paint carefully?
Hey dont know how I missed this. I did both. I masked off as best I could then hand painted. The truth is I was so caught up in making the sculpt as accurate as humanly possible, finishing it was a second thought lol Ill be finishing one for the Toronto Prop party however, and will post pics.
Col _ EL

Hey dont know how I missed this. I did both. I masked off as best I could then hand painted. The truth is I was so caught up in making the sculpt as accurate as humanly possible, finishing it was a second thought lol Ill be finishing one for the Toronto Prop party however, and will post pics.
Col _ EL

No worries. I ended up hand-painting it all. Tedious but worth it. I thought I had the lighting figured out but that's still phase 2 to work on.
http://www.therpf.com/f9/painting-lighting-classic-tron-helmet-197248/

Trying the same technique with a Tron Legacy mashup paint job - still WIP.
IMG_2398.JPG

Great work on sculpting the lines. I work with Chavant quite a bit, it's always a challenge to get things to look non-hand sculpted! Wow, great stuff.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back