San Diego Comic-Con 2014 SDCC

Risu, it was good to see you there even if so briefly, thanks for waving me over for a few seconds. I was in full Judge gear and must've been in a rush to get to my group meet or panel. Wish I had been able to chat up with you more. The same thing happened when I saw Keith, Abby, and Matt Munson, it was a "Hi, bye, we'll see you somewhere!", which was preview day. But no worries, I got a nice hug from Abby! :D Sorry I wasn't able to meet with ChevyH0tR0d and Jedifyfe, we can reconnect at Comikaze or LBCC.

Sorry I was not able to meet with you either Pumpmag, sounds good on Comikaze, or LBCC, there also is Monsterpalooza,Wonder con etc.

Apparently, Adrienne Curry chased down and beat down some jerkface who thought it'd be awesome to put his hands down the back of a Tigra cosplayer's bikini bottoms.

What the actual ****, people? That guy better be in jail.

http://www.planetplatypus.com/adrianne-curry-defends-cosplayer/

Thank you Sprite I was gonna post this but forgot. I agree completely also for any one here on the RPF or anyone else I know who is a female cosplayer and wants to feel safer you are more then welcome to hang around me. If in any circumstance you feel threatend by someone especially in a situation like that give me some kind of signal or hell even scream bloody murder. I will gladly not only get in that person's face but if need throw some punches and kick their butt so you feel calm. No female cosplayer should have to even have that worry, let alone let it happen no matter what outfit they wear. After all being in a costume at a con is all about having fun, given it is a imperfect world but all we as good people can do is stand up and act when it happens. "All that is needed for evil to prevail is good men to do nothing" -Edmund Burke.

I also agree that the guy who did that should be in jail, or at least someone will have a picture of his face and post it on the net for everyone to see what a perv he is, especially in his home town. I bet people would look at him a lot differently

Here is a couple of photos :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406583426.119710.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406583524.850802.jpg

Howdy folks, quick recap. Travelled from Oz with my kids but didn't manage to get tickets :-( Spent the last 2 1/2 weeks travelling around the States, ended up in Anaheim for the last few days. Did the Parks then for Sunday bit the bullet and took the train down to San Diego for a look see. Arrived at 09:00 and wandered around the outside activities. Hit up a few shady characters and lo and behold, tickets :) Off to our first SDCC we went. It was only Sunday and quieter than the previous days by all accounts but we had a blast. Lots of great Cosplay, spent too much money but enjoyed ourselves :) Got the taste to try again next year for. 4 day pass :) Caught the train back, busy!!!!!! But we got seats. Hope our blatant criminality hasn't broken any rules here :)

I have never been assaulted in costume, thankfully. Maybe because I often have roller skates on and nobody wants to mess with a derby girl. I dunno. Something similar did happen to me OUT of costume once. I was at a Pantera concert back in the 90s and some guy did to me what that guy did to her. I broke his nose when I introduced it to my knee at a high rate of speed. Sexual assault is sexual assault no matter if the victim is dressed in jeans/t-shirt/flannel or a cosplay costume.

It's good to see that some guys here are speaking up about it and offering to help. I just wish this stuff didn't have to happen. It makes me wary of going to the larger conventions.

I have never been assaulted in costume, thankfully. Maybe because I often have roller skates on and nobody wants to mess with a derby girl. I dunno. Something similar did happen to me OUT of costume once. I was at a Pantera concert back in the 90s and some guy did to me what that guy did to her. I broke his nose when I introduced it to my knee at a high rate of speed. Sexual assault is sexual assault no matter if the victim is dressed in jeans/t-shirt/flannel or a cosplay costume.

It's good to see that some guys here are speaking up about it and offering to help. I just wish this stuff didn't have to happen. It makes me wary of going to the larger conventions.

Good for you for being able to defend yourself in such a way. Some females are not, I only wish every girl had self defense training. I am glad the one this happened to was not in to much fear, to at least start screaming. I know that can be sometimes hard in that situation. I also wish this stuff did not happen either, but again we live in a imperfect world. It makes me wary of any female friend cosplayer, or just any girl who maybe wearing something some pervs might want to try and do this I know while say walking around a con with them. I now feel I now think I must be on my guard for them a little more, but maybe that comes from my very protective chivalrous nature.

there was a guy dressed up as 6.5 foot moss covered tree creeping on women in the exhibit hall, this was my first time to any con and i wasnt able to get over to the two parties involved. he was snapping pics of the back of her head 6" away and then ran off. i saw him doing it again in the walk way but being alone i didnt want to get involved.

I asked everyone that i took a pic of for their consent first and if it was a child i also asked the parent. But they are right, there is a lot of harassment.

I don't think it was too far fetched to assume she was assaulted and I really think it's cool that the cosplay community banned together but there were certainly a few white knights. Who really would've thought a hot cosplayer just fell down and almost killed herself.

Ill try again next year to get passes...... I think i might go to Salt lake con in early sept. Im from Utah and Bruce Cambell (my neighbor) and Capt Jack Harkness are my man crushes

hello guys I'm just curious if anyone can help me with next years comicon with an answer. Me and some friends are planning to go and I just needed to know a few things. We want to go to all the days plus Preview night and so although I know it's very slim chances to get these passes if there are 3 of us can say me for example if I get in before them buy all my passes and passes for them or is there a limit to one batch per Comicon User ID.

My second question is does anyone know if people sell passes at the place itself if people didn't get tickets via the online way when they go on sale? I know that scalpers charge way more than they regularly are but I plan on booking my hotel+flight in the next few weeks as soon as the travel websites let me( they are all currently maxed out to the end of june you can't book any further yet). I have no problem paying 500+ for all the days if that's what it takes so I need to know if its against the rules or anything to buy from scalpers there.

If it is then I guess I'll just have hope I get lucky and get in the random generated line early before the days sell out. Also I have googled some of these questions but I've been finding conflicting answers so I thought maybe some of you seasoned vets could really help me thanks.

Finchy we got our tickets this year by solving the cipher on twitter. you have a 0% change to get more than a day or two of tickets. back in feb i tried to get tickets and the only day i could get was like sunday and maybe thursday. however, not a bad thing. there is a ton to do outside the con that looks cool but i wasn't even able to see. you also need to rent your hotel room within the 1-1.5 minute time limit. it took my friend 7 minutes and we were on a wait list for out last choice of hotel (7 miles away).

Finchy: For 2014, you were only able to get a total of 3 people's badges for each transaction. So if there's three total, you would have been fine if your queue room was able to get through fast enough. Everyone is placed into a queue room with no knowledge of when you are actually able to buy a badge. This year, I had friends who were able to get in early enough that I could piggy back with them to get my badges. Expecting the same thing this year. And they open up registration weeks beforehand to the previous year's attendees to get their badges before general registration goes up.

As for your second question, I have never seen anyone scalping their badges for the past two years since SDCC started implementing their new policy requiring attendees to keep their badges. So with a single four day badge, highly unlikely. At best, you could buy someone's single day badge off them close to the end of the day if they don't want to come back, but that's a low possibility especially with the newer policy.

SDCC is one of those conventions where if you get in, you do your damnedest to stay in. It's a tough con to get into that requires a lot of prep and hard work. Best of luck to you for next year's passes. And I agree with Cabriolet. Whichever day you can get, just get it. There's so many other things to do outside of the con. Downtown San Diego is pretty much taken over with many various activities plus freebies to get. There's art shows, movie screenings, panels, meet ups, parties, game demos, and tons more that do not require a badge. It's worth it to just be down there.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back