Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue on their kit? Seems this quadrant refuses to close all the way?
7bf5de5e4df4695d3b1278f6f750db2a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Shaun:

Check the gap of this bit here? Might not be seated all the way down. Give it a good PUUUSH. :)

P1L1gIX.jpg

Attachments

• gap.jpg
    gap.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 130

Shaun:

Check the gap of this bit here? Might not be seated all the way down. Give it a good PUUUSH. :)

View attachment 808169
Well... I found the real problem! I reopened the halves and discovered that one of the cables of one of the cockpit lights was actually being crushed and was split in half. So, that's why it wasn't pushing down all the way there.
I was able to fix the cable, but I'll be taping everything down now before hand!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Started work on my streaks and rust today. I'm using Orange Rust applied with a micro-brush from the Tamiya Weather Master set C.

These are providing very precise control and the colorlooks about spot on to my refrence photos. Note the TV screen in the background!
58afa93b47ffb6cec97603e14867790e.jpg
03d7e51329deb839954442f6f0402f42.jpg
08212d8b6a307c103e4e72f0edbe0ff7.jpg

I also tried some oils but found I don't get that precise control and things are a little more messy. The oils washes do work well for staining and general weathering to dirty things up however.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bandai, you bet...awesome kit. When I look at the pics you posted, I'm blown away at the amazing job you did putting it together, top work brother! :thumbsup
Sunlight photo which makes it easier to see some of the dremel damage that has been added. Every time i look at this model i am blown away by what an amazing job Bandai did on giving us this wonderful scaled down version of the 5 footer.
View attachment 808887

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back