Game of Thrones

Well, however it comes about, in order for either Daenerys or Jon to truly be Azor Ahai, they need to have Lightbringer. Assuming the show holds to the prophecy. They may not give that part any significance. I'm assuming they will though since they've actually devoted screen time to it now multiple times.

Hey Gang! I have a difficult time with names and I didn't follow tonight's big reveal's implications. I'll try and figure it out during the replay later tonight, but I'm gonna have to write down all the names and hope to make sense of it on my own. But if someone who got it right away would please explain tonight's episode "The Dragon and The Wolf" to me? PM me or "Spoiler Alert" style response here please to protect those who haven't seen it yet. Thanks in advance.

I enjoyed it immensely, but I have to say, its now obvious to me that they said to hell with episodes 1 thru 6 just to concentrate on the finale. Feels kinda sucky.

Anyway, it was good to see certain characters get their just desserts. Next season, whenever it happens, is going to be a hell of a show (hopefully).

I got scared for a min Jaime was a goner. I wouldn't put it past Cersei. But she didn't kill Tyrion, she couldn't kill Jaime.

I guess he's officially on the good guys team now.

If Cersei really did give the order, it would be awesome if the Hound jumped in and fought the mountain. #CleganeBowl is coming.

It was awesome seeing the Stark kids team up on Littlefinger. Bran's just like yeah, I saw everything you did.

I loved all the conversations going on during the hike to the dragon pit (Tyrion/Bronn, Hound/Brienne)...

The Winterfell scenes - all of them - were awesome. (Sorry, Wook. Bran pretty much has the scripts to every episode. Hard to fight that.)

I wonder what the Hound meant about "you know what's coming for you"...? Other than plain old karma, I suppose.

"Who's the idiot?"
:D

Hey Gang! I have a difficult time with names and I didn't follow tonight's big reveal's implications. I'll try and figure it out during the replay later tonight, but I'm gonna have to write down all the names and hope to make sense of it on my own. But if someone who got it right away would please explain tonight's episode "The Dragon and The Wolf" to me? PM me or "Spoiler Alert" style response here please to protect those who haven't seen it yet. Thanks in advance.

I'll take a stab at this....

Robert's Rebellion, the war that put Robert and Cersei on the throne, was started because Robert was in love with Ned Stark's sister, Lyanna. He was under the belief that Rhaegar Targaryen, the heir to the throne at that time, had kidnapped Lyanna and was keeping her hostage. The reveal is such a big deal because it shows that Rhaegar was, in fact, in love with Lyanna, and she with him. They ran away together, the Grand Maester annulled Rhaegar's existing marriage to a Dornish princess (who is part of why the Red Viper had such a hard on for the Lannisters, since they killed her) and remarried him to Lyanna.

During the flashbacks with young Ned finding Lyanna in a bloody bed, it was revealed that she'd had complications from childbirth.

Taking these two events together, Jon is not a *******, but is a trueborn Targaryen/Stark child. Furthermore, being child of the former heir and male, he has a stronger claim to the throne than Danaerys.

So is Dany gonna be pregnant?

Also here's a theroy - Arya finds decapitated Ned Stark head, gets his face, and NED COMES BACK AND KILLS CERSEI! Or maybe not. :lol

Hey firesprite ! THANK YOU!!!

But...
How does it all that relate to Jon and Daenerys having just consumated their relationship? If they're both Targaryen, are they cousins? Or did they just one up Luke/Leia in a HUGE WAY! because they're brother and sister? That's where I'm confused. Are they cousins, 1/2 cousins, or brother and sister?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @firesprite ! THANK YOU!!!

But...
How does it all that relate to Jon and Daenerys having just consumated their relationship? If they're both Targaryen, are they cousins? Or did they just one up Luke/Leia in a HUGE WAY! because they're brother and sister? That's where I'm confused. Are they cousins, 1/2 cousins, or brother and sister?

Dany is Rhaegar's younger sister, and so she is Jon's aunt.

GOT IT!
Just Googled his dad's name from your reply and it had her listed as his sibling, and I gasped "her neph-eeeeewwwww" ;) :lol

THANK YOU so very much for helping clear that up for me!!!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back