San Diego Comic-Con 2014 SDCC

A friend told me that I HAVE to wear my Altair costume and run the Assassin's Creed obstacle course outside the con. I haven't worn it in two years and just (tried to) try it on. Not gonna happen, haha.

Stop by Hollywood Collectibles Group booth #4732 and enter the drawing for our soon to be released 1:4 scale Aliens Power Loader. It will be on hand to view and then you can put your name in the drawing.

I'll be there wed-sun. I only have a Magneto costume and this is my first year cosplaying. What is the best day to cosplay?

It always seems to me I see the most amount of cosplayers on Sat.; that's also when I see the most amount of local news crews filming people in costume.

Although I have never been to SDCC before the other So cali conventions I have been to, it seems to me that it rolls down like this

Friday- Casual normal street clothes
Sat- Main cosplay day
Sun- Off cosplay day, if you could not make Sat for some reason, also see a lot more of relaxed costumes I.E. ones with out masks, heavy gear(Ghostbuster), or lots of of prep time(body painting etc). Also it is about 50/50 cosplay/casual

So I would definatly say Saturday

Going to be in the eighties too, Nice and warm and likely humid and that convention center AC doesn't really get the job done very well. .

I'm going to be there all 4 days. I'm doing Calvin and Hobbes, casual Captain America (spent too much time making the shield to get to the rest of the costume) and Ken from Street fighter.

So, I've been procrastinating like every good cosplayer should. And fortunately we had a couple of last minute cancellations.

We are looking for a couple people to fill out our Advanced Idea Mechanics group. Right now we could use one for the Masquerade Saturday night and two for the public showing on Sunday.

The only thing you would need to provide would be black boots, white t shirt and a desire to take over the con.

We only have size 32 left.

Thanks for your consideration and enjoy the con!

Thursday: Shredder
Friday: Jack Frost
Friday Night: Marked Men Party... Anyone else going? If you don't know what it its, look it up!
Saturday Jack Frost

Also, Does anyone know if there is a DC/Batman photo shoot?

Would it be a big no-no if I list a badge on the junkyard? My wife might not be able to come with me this year after all.... :(

I have her badge for fri, sat and sun and If she doesn't come I may also be able to open up for a roomie at the town and country to recoup some of the costs... Thoughts?

Would it be a big no-no if I list a badge on the junkyard? My wife might not be able to come with me this year after all.... :(

I have her badge for fri, sat and sun and If she doesn't come I may also be able to open up for a roomie at the town and country to recoup some of the costs... Thoughts?
Well my buddy who works this year at sdcc said that the only passes that they don't card people to check names are the promo pass and business pass

Yeah, she would have to come with me to pick up the badge, at the very least.

I have been going to Comic Con with my brother for the past nine years, and on three occasions I arrived a day earlier than my brother and was able to pick up my badge and his, with him not being present. He does get professional badges (he works in the industry), so I am not sure if that makes a difference.

I have a friend who might be interested in that pass and room space. Can I PM you her email?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back