Lifesize E.T. the Extra Terrestial? What's out there?

In my opinion, there are two options that would make great candidates for a lifesifesize E.T. (That I'm aware of)
There's the NECA. The problem is the horrible pose, the horrendous seam lines, he's undersized and the worst part, he's latex (come back in ten years and see how he fares!)
The other option is the vintage toy hamper/toy chest. This is what I went with. He's full sized and made of hard plastic. The seam lines are very subtle. And the positioning of his hands are perfect to hold a Speak and Spell. I'm not finished, but it upends in the back which allows to put a lamp inside and light up his "heart light". A little repaint and I think you have a great representation that will last indefinitely.

Do you Have any pic's Funky Jedi? That's sounds fantastic

I just googled them, wow, I never new they existed (and I'm old enough to remember going to the movie). They must have been expensive back in the day

In my opinion, there are two options that would make great candidates for a lifesifesize E.T. (That I'm aware of)
There's the NECA. The problem is the horrible pose, the horrendous seam lines, he's undersized and the worst part, he's latex (come back in ten years and see how he fares!)
The other option is the vintage toy hamper/toy chest. This is what I went with. He's full sized and made of hard plastic. The seam lines are very subtle. And the positioning of his hands are perfect to hold a Speak and Spell. I'm not finished, but it upends in the back which allows to put a lamp inside and light up his "heart light". A little repaint and I think you have a great representation that will last indefinitely.

Do you Have any pic's Funky Jedi? That's sounds fantastic

I just googled them, wow, I never new they existed (and I'm old enough to remember going to the movie). They must have been expensive back in the day
I would be curious to see photos as well. I'd love to see what you did with it. That was my favorite piece as a child and I'm glad to see it in your hands. :)

While personally, I don't mind the way that he's posed, I do agree with Funky Jedi with regards to the NECA "E.T." being made out of Latex as one of it's main weaknesses. I've had mine for several years now and I really do love it, but I also go to great lengths to make sure that he, (along with all of my Prop-Replicas and Movie Collectibles) are kept away from sunlight and extreme temperature fluctuations as much as possible. I'm fortunate enough to have a Home-Theater room with no windows or natural light of any kind, which is where he has been kept since day one. Hopefully, that will go a long way in preserving it, but I guess only time will tell. (Hey, nothin' lasts forever. Right?) In the meantime, my NECA "E.T.", (along with my Large-Size Electronic "BB-8" figure) are presently the 'high-points' for any kids who happen to come over to watch a movie. Here is a link to some recent pictures of my set-up...

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?u=399014

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back