HELP! A Cylon out there needs a voice.

Sean

Sr Member
Hey guys and girls. I was absolutely clueless as to were to put this thread. so I figured I would ask here.
I have a very good friend that spent a long long time fulfilling his dream. of making a Cylon costume. after years of the process of making and having it chromed he is now a Cylon. goes to every Con he can and and enjoys it very much. but he would like to interact with the people there with his voice sounding like the true TV version Cylon voice.

Now I'm clueless when it come's to something like this. and would very much appreciate any direction of how I could help him in this matter. from what he's telling me it's not the simplest thing in the world to do.

So basically. In this day and age of electronics is this true?

This is my best friend and I would love to help him out. and I know about kropcircle or whatever they are called. would prefer alternative's.

Help Please!

unfortunately this one has been a stumper for everyone. as far as I know the best most accurate way is the pre-recorded voice. if anyone could do an ACTUAL voice changer they was cylon accurate would be rolling in the dough.... I would love to see pictures of your friends suit tho!!! love the old cylon's!! :popcorn

Dang that's a bummer...

By your command....

Planet Comicon KC 2015 - 177.jpgPlanet Comicon KC 2015 - 156.jpgPlanet Comicon KC 2015 - 152.jpgPlanet Comicon KC 2015 - 139.jpgPlanet Comicon KC 2015 - 184.jpgPlanet Comicon KC 2015 - 218.jpg

http://www.byyourcommand.net/cylonforum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=2817

Last edited:
Sean, I have a voice-changer megaphone that does "Spaceman, Alien & Robot", one of those mega el-cheapo things I got for a lark 10+ years ago. Tons on ebay etc.

The "alien" setting is astonishingly cylon-sounding.

It would be a very small task to take the thing apart, stick the microphone on the inside of the helmet near the mouth, the speaker on the outside of the costume (eg nicely tucked near the neck ?), and have the "action" button run down inside the costume by extending the wires to the hand.

Once taken apart, the components are very small and will not be complicated at all to "install" to the costume.

Sean, I have a voice-changer megaphone that does "Spaceman, Alien & Robot", one of those mega el-cheapo things I got for a lark 10+ years ago. Tons on ebay etc.

The "alien" setting is astonishingly cylon-sounding.

It would be a very small task to take the thing apart, stick the microphone on the inside of the helmet near the mouth, the speaker on the outside of the costume (eg nicely tucked near the neck ?), and have the "action" button run down inside the costume by extending the wires to the hand.

Once taken apart, the components are very small and will not be complicated at all to "install" to the costume.

Thanks Alan. I will check that out. any idea what there called on eBay?

Voice changer megaphone.

But let me get a small video up for you later today so you can see the exact one I'm talking about (and hear it too).

There are hundreds of these things around and might not be the exact thing you're looking for.

Voice changer megaphone.

But let me get a small video up for you later today so you can see the exact one I'm talking about (and hear it too).

There are hundreds of these things around and might not be the exact thing you're looking for.

I appreciate the help my friend. :thumbsup

OK, but not too successful I'm afraid :(

I fished it out, and this is it. Unfortunately it has no brand name or anything except "China" written on it.

attachment.php

I also made a small recording, but again, unfortunately, it sounds terrible, and nothing like it does "live". The sound is MUCH more "robotic", deeper, and the words MUCH clearer. I'd give it a 95% cylon-voice rating.

Anyways, FWIW, here it is & HTH :)

vc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that's pretty cool anyway. seems like if whatever electronics are in there could be upgraded and tweaked a bit. wouldn't be half bad.

Thanks for taking the time on that Alan. totally appreciate it...

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back