Moebius Studio Scale Cylon Raider

Looks great.You did a great work on it!!!.I am thinking about get one the next month, and a viper too.Anybody know if th viper has any lineage to the original model?

Thanks in advance.

No, the Moebius TOS Viper is 1/32, same as the Monogram. It's better detailed in some areas but it also has accuracy issues.

Thanks.I am looking for a studio scale cylon raider and viper kit with original lineage.Then JAWS is the only option??

Thanks again.

Murray I just sent you an email.
Please respond & will have this fixed up by next week with Johns items.

As we packed up to live with my wife's parents to save for our house I lost track of a couple of outstanding items.
Obviously you were one of a couple of items I needed to get sorted.

Sorry for the delays & as always strive to ensure customer satisfaction.

Hi Jason
There is a group of us on our way from Sydney to the Melbourne Model Expo we are in Canberra at the moment,
Are you coming down for the Expo?

9 Volt lighting used 5mm cool white LED's for the engines and 3mm yellows for the forward lights. funny thing the engine lights have a bluish hue to it.
View attachment 324144

Nice lighting. I just picked this model up the other day. I would like to do the lighting to mine as well, I'm no electrician but I did buy LEDS, resistors, and a nine volt battery. Would you be willing to share a wiring schematic?

Cheers

Figured it out, wasn't too hard after all. I did waste a few LEDS in the process, the model is built with lights in mind it would seem.

Nice lighting. I just picked this model up the other day. I would like to do the lighting to mine as well, I'm no electrician but I did buy LEDS, resistors, and a nine volt battery. Would you be willing to share a wiring schematic?

Cheers
The wiring is so easy on this kit, no schematic is needed.
Just solder the resistors to the longer leg of the LED that is the + connect wires to the LED's the connect all the positives together and all the negatives together then solder you battery lead negative to the negative of you LED's.
the positive side of the battery lead can have a switch added if you like then connect to the positive side of the LED's
Remember to test all connection and LED's and insulate all connections with heat shrink or tape.

Thanks for the reply, I did finally end up doing as you suggested. The resistor part was my biggest problem.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Looks fantastic. Is that the kit base for the model? I like it a lot better than Revels. I had a great time building and lighting the revel but the Mobius looks great.

Looks fantastic. Is that the kit base for the model? I like it a lot better than Revels. I had a great time building and lighting the revel but the Mobius looks great.

The base for the Raider is a bit ordinary that's why I made this one from scratch, you have a decent stand for a studio scale model. That is my thinking.

Here are some pictures of making the stand.
I used a nock off panavice stand to hold the raider.

IMG_0420.JPGIMG_0422.JPGIMG_0428.JPG

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back