You volunteered, didn't you? We're paying you, aren't we?

You can find vintage equipment all over swap meats, flea markets, and the internet. Pretend you're on American Pickers.. Its rare but sometimes you get can get lucky
I was hoping that there was a place in the tristate area like the surplus store in VA beach that I used to frequent. All sorts of antique stuff, from old HeNe lasers to a submarine periscope. It was called Grand Junquetion and it was a really cool place. Long since closed of course.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yy6Ex32OHs
Going there was an experience in itself.

Last edited:
I was hoping that there was a place in the tristate area like the surplus store in VA beach that I used to frequent. All sorts of antique stuff, from old HeNe lasers to a submarine periscope. It was called Grand Junquetion and it was a really cool place. Long since closed of course.
1994 Grande Junquetion Ltd. Commercial - YouTube
Going there was an experience in itself.

Not that I know of. Maybe an old electronic store here and there but nothing like what your describing.

Was just sitting around admiring my surroundings and remembered that I never updated this thread with a quick pic of my 3rd and final Shock Box purchase. Found it a month or 2 ago and i'm 100% sure it's the exactly the same as the one used on screen. I did however need to hunt down a replacement knob since one was damaged in shipping. Luckily they are rather common knobs.

So enjoy. I hope this helps anyone who may be searching for a 100% accurate Ph Meter.

1618614_665895100116341_1691809698_n.jpg

Hey phish4dinner, I just wanted to say a public thanks for posting the ID of this item.

Not only did I want one for my growing prop collection (as seen in this thread: http://www.therpf.com/f9/my-ghostbusters-props-167234/index4.html#post3261257 ) but I also realized it was the perfect device to solve a plot problem in the GB fan-film script that I'm writing.

Seems like the price of these things skyrocketed after folks knew it was a Ghostbusters prop, but after much patience, I finally got a Beckman last week.

1599275_555723021207932_1798868807_o.jpg

It's not as gorgeous as your super-accurate one, but it was only $40 shipped so I couldn't pass it up.

And I'd already created dialogue to address the minor plot hole, which will explain why this one looks different from the one seen in Weaver Hall.

Keep up the great work, and thanks for sharing!

Alex

Hey phish4dinner, I just wanted to say a public thanks for posting the ID of this item.

Not only did I want one for my growing prop collection (as seen in this thread: http://www.therpf.com/f9/my-ghostbusters-props-167234/index4.html#post3261257 ) but I also realized it was the perfect device to solve a plot problem in the GB fan-film script that I'm writing.

Seems like the price of these things skyrocketed after folks knew it was a Ghostbusters prop, but after much patience, I finally got a Beckman last week.

It's not as gorgeous as your super-accurate one, but it was only $40 shipped so I couldn't pass it up.

And I'd already created dialogue to address the minor plot hole, which will explain why this one looks different from the one seen in Weaver Hall.

Keep up the great work, and thanks for sharing!

Alex

Thanks man! You got a great deal for $40. Glad I could help. Sharing is what it's all about. :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back