BTTF 2 Doc Emmett Brown's Money "suitcase"

Brigandia36

Sr Member
I know there's already a thread in the paper props about the emergency cash, but I restart a new thread about the suitcase.
Now I work in a company where I can bend and weld aluminium. So, making it is not a problem.
The suitcase is filled with 2.5mm plexiglass, I can make the suitcase in 3mm aluminium.

The problems still to solve:

1_ Dimensions ... It's ok.

2_ The handle is still a mistery ... Maybe an amplifier handle or a typewriter or ... What ?

3_ The lock system ... Maybe the same source from the handle, it remains me the system to close an old Remington typewriter in wood box.

5.JPG 3.JPG

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
this is something i would love to have in my collection. it doesnt seem too hard to make, i wonder what gauge aluminum they used? sadly those likes are so old most of the photos are gone...

Re: BTTF 2 Doc Emmett Brown's Money "suitcase"

No ... it's something from vintage sewing machine cover or typewriter ... But not use in the movie because the other half of the briefcase doesn't have something to complete the lock, and Doc hold the 2 parts together and open the briefcase easily when needed. Best photos are from the Bluray and it's what I posted.

It seems the lock system comes by under the other side to close it.

BTW I've ask to bitbuster some more pictures and dimensions, but he didn't answer me at this time.

Last edited:
Doc's money case reminds me of my old aluminum case that I used for transporting my Poker chips and cards more than 20 years ago. The dimensions of the case seem to be the same or similar.

Re: BTTF 2 Doc Emmett Brown's Money "suitcase"

No ... it's something from vintage sewing machine cover or typewriter ... But not use in the movie because the other half of the briefcase doesn't have something to complete the lock, and Doc hold the 2 parts together and open the briefcase easily when needed. Best photos are from the Bluray and it's what I posted.

It seems the lock system comes by under the other side to close it.

BTW I've ask to bitbuster some more pictures and dimensions, but he didn't answer me at this time.

wow i never knew that. or should i say never noticed that, so the lock isn't even functional

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back