Light Saber Tutorial

You know, I have to say

a) really great video editing. It's somewhere between cynically funny and informative, I like it.

b) The main tube design is really nice. It's hard to make plumbing sabers look like Star Wars props and not hardware. I think the way you reduced the pipe with beveled washers gives it a streamlined look. Like its meant to look that way.

c) Reminds me of Big Yellow Box sabers so long ago :D

I saw this a year or two ago it was easily the best hardware saber thanks to those tapered washers. That was a brilliant move. I think if those grips were replaced with some T-track from Roy or TCSS this saber would look better than most machined sabers.

I like the hilt! I used to use those beveld washers on some hardware sabers. Been itching to make another and I think this will be one.

...It's hard to make plumbing sabers look like Star Wars props and not hardware...
Boy, ain't that the truth. Several years ago I stumbled across the Big Yellow Box website and decided to try building a Style V (his version of the Obi-Wan hilt from A New Hope). When I was done, it looked exactly like what it was--a low budget hilt made from hardware parts. So I got a replica emitter, replica pommel, and replica Graflex clamp, and spent more than I really wanted to, but in the end it looked...okay.

Lightsaber.jpg

Not up to RPF standards, but good enough for a belt hanger.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back