TFA dead padawan's lightsaber (spoiler warning)

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
please beware, this is a potential spoiler!!

makingstarwars.com has revealed one more lightsaber that was made for TFA!!

rumors back then were there was a scene with a dead padawan and the camera panned to his lightsaber. I guess the remove was true!!

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/08/rumor-episode-viii-jedi-order-flashback/
e23ca8cbc8b6bbf8074a62138743e635.jpg

e196b6779ea126457264d6abc822476c.jpg

so who's going to start a run!!??

This is interesting, I wonder where this scene would have actually fit in. Maybe in Rey's flashback? Cool looking saber though.

This is interesting, I wonder where this scene would have actually fit in. Maybe in Rey's flashback? Cool looking saber though.

yes exactly, I believe this is the rumored "mud saber"

I have read the scene with the Knights of ren in the rain. that there was a scene cut where there was dead bodies of lukes students. we don't know who these young adults are until the camera pans across one of the dead body's and right beside the body is a lightsaber near his hand in the mud. this would connect these bodies to like, then we see Luke at the campfire scene burning the bodies and then says goodbye to r2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have read the scene with the Knights of ren in the rain. that there was a scene cut where there was dead bodies of lukes students. we don't know who these young adults are until the camera pans across one of the dead body's and right beside the body is a lightsaber near his hand in the mud. this would connect these bodies to like, then we see Luke at the campfire scene burning the bodies and then says goodbye to r2

I almost wish they included that scene. Add some nice back story and some explanation the campfire scene.

Interesting design. Looks very prequel-ish. Not a lot of detail to it. Wonder if its not a finished saber.

Which end is the top o_O

Looks like a mix of machined tube and 3D printed parts, you can see the lines on the second pic from the printing.

Last edited:
Which end is the top o_O

Looks like a mic of machined tube and 3D printed parts, you can see the lines on the second pic from the printing.

yes!!! I didn't catch that until u pointed it out! good eyes!!!

Looks pretty cool. I also wonder which end is the business end. I would think that the end we can see in the second picture is the bottom. But then again it may be the top.
lol

Yep, it has a similar rear booster to Kylo Ren's saber. I think it works because the "choke" is detailed enough to separate the emitter from grip, design wise. I feel like more could have been done, but neat looking saber!!!

Saw this the other day - thought it was a hoax - but, still had to try to model it. Not exact, but pretty close considering there's no known dimensions ;)

I thought it looked like a droid part, from maybe an R2 unit

tfapadawan.jpg

Now that makes so much more sense ... I have a rather strong feeling that all the important scenes that would have made TFA more into a good STAR WARS story, to me, are lying around gathering dust on the cutting room floor :facepalm ... back on topic, nah . . . that's no lightsaber, sorry not my cup of tea :wacko

Chaim

This would have been a great scene. Why cut it? Unless it would spoil a surprise in Ep. VIII? Did you read this scene in the novel? Or the script? I've gotta read the novel anyway.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back