Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

.... speculation that the panels pivot 90 degrees (forwards or backwards?) to a more horizontal flight configuration.....

perhaps the panels are symmetrical horizontally, just the craft landed with such great force (yuk yuk), the bottoms of the panels are stabbed into the ground. :p

There is a twin-pod TIE, used as a shuttle by Captain Needa in ESB. Why not reuse that one instead of making something new that looks contrived?

Because I always wondered as a kid why Needa went across in a TIE Bomber...? :p I like having a visibly distinct TIE Shuttle that's a lighter craft than a full-on Lambda-class gig.

--Jonah

Because I always wondered as a kid why Needa went across in a TIE Bomber...? :p I like having a visibly distinct TIE Shuttle that's a lighter craft than a full-on Lambda-class gig.

--Jonah

I made this as a mock-up for Adywan's ESB Revisited (fan edit) a few years ago....and used it for my avatar for a while:

Tie-Shuttle_zps9952ffe2.jpg

9b1a61d293_zps1a43e0e5.png

J

Are you implying that Star Wars is ripping off Adywan?!?!... Hehe. They already did that for their "Hoth" portion of their new Star Tours. Cannot wait till Empire is released.

--Jonah

Some US aircraft carrier captains are former pilots, though I don't know if they still fly or if they are allowed to fly while captain. Besides I don't see the Empire shelling out money for a captain to have a fancy shuttle.

Well, Needa said "get a shuttle ready", so I presume he wanted a pilot to fly him over, else he would have said "get my fighter ready" or some such...
Jaitea, I love your design. I can easily see that as a precursor to the one shown in the concept art, above. Single pilot, instead of two. Straight versus bent wings is something I've ruminated on over the years.

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:
Some US aircraft carrier captains are former pilots, though I don't know if they still fly or if they are allowed to fly while captain. Besides I don't see the Empire shelling out money for a captain to have a fancy shuttle.

Why not? The Tydirium shuttle, which masqueraded as a cargo ship seemed to be fancy enough for both Darth Vader and the Emperor to use as their personal transport.

Some US aircraft carrier captains are former pilots, though I don't know if they still fly or if they are allowed to fly while captain.

Don't be ridiculous. Michael Culver looks and sounds nothing like Temuera Morrison.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back