Avengers: Infinity War (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Infinity War?

• Total voters
Since you never really got a good look at him in that scene, I took it as a double-meaning. The literal, "to ask to get killed," and then the "hah, comic reference, that's totally Thanos" to make sure everyone who read the comics knew who it was. Not necessarily as a point that the story would go in that direction, but that it was going to have Thanos, eventually.

Saw it today, really enjoyed it.

I’ll be interested to see how they bring it full circle. I also personally hope that they don’t just undo everything that Thanos has done...I feel like there needs to be some permanent change from all of this. Maybe that’s just me, though.

Saw it today, really enjoyed it.

I’ll be interested to see how they bring it full circle. I also personally hope that they don’t just undo everything that Thanos has done...I feel like there needs to be some permanent change from all of this. Maybe that’s just me, though.

Maybe as soon as she gets back we will see Wanda, in her grief over the loss of both her brother and Vision, gets ahold of the Reality Stone, amplifies her powers to an insane level (read: comic book level), and merges realities together so we can have X-Men, Fantastic 4, and all the disparate comic book universes all together.

Since he said the only way he would return to the role was in an Avengers film, the first person we see is Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

Saw it opening night and absolutely loved it, but chances are any opinion i had has already been posted. That said, I have a theory on how they'll introduce mutants... It's because of the events of this film. Once they (assuming they do) restore half the galaxy's population, the nature of the infinity stones will affect the DNA of the people who were wiped out, introducing or accelerating the mutant x gene. It's an easy and coherent way to introduce mutants and have it make sense as to why they haven't been around already. When you think about it you can even link a lot of their powers to the stones;

Professor X: Mind (obviously)

Storm, nightcrawler: space

Kitty pryde, magneto, mystique: reality

Cyclops, havoc: power

(Sure there's more, but oh well, you get the point.)
Another strengthening piece to this theory is that it's been done before in the MCU: Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver got their abilities from the mind stone. Cherry on top would be that people could stop complaining that the two of them weren't real mutants.

Just watched Dr Strange again. He is the path to making it right again through a time loop. Watch the last 15 minutes....the big bad guy looks a lot like Thanos.

Dormammu isn't Thanos though. Dormammu is kind of mimicking Doctor Strange according to the comments of Scott Derrickson. Also a timeloop wouldn't work on Thanos as he had at least two stones before getting to Doctor Strange and Iron Man in New York. He'd be immune to the effects of the timestone (or so I've read). Basically, wielders of the stones are immune to the effects of any other stone when used against them. But that makes me wonder... when Thanos is showing Tony what Titan was like with the reality stone, did Strange see the 'beautiful' planet or did he see the wreck he's always seen? I can't remember if they showed that.

That said, someone drew a comic of exactly that and it was quite funny.
XIPEjAb.jpg

Maybe as soon as she gets back we will see Wanda, in her grief over the loss of both her brother and Vision, gets ahold of the Reality Stone, amplifies her powers to an insane level (read: comic book level), and merges realities together so we can have X-Men, Fantastic 4, and all the disparate comic book universes all together.

Since he said the only way he would return to the role was in an Avengers film, the first person we see is Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.
Dude....I wrote almost exactly this pages back...

But I didn't hear that about Jackman.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I watched Avengers: Infinity War on the 26th here in the UK.

I was absolutely blown away. At the end I was literally speechless.

I would have loved to have seen Hulk come out again. I know he was literally too scared to come out but when Banner was continuously trying to get him to come out I thought at one point he was going to, but nope :( . I was ready to see another Hulk vs Thanos battle but that didn't happen.

Overall, amazing movie.

Didn't Thor say that Thanos killed off half the Asgardian population?
Later, when he snapped his fingers, they would have been halved again leaving only a quarter.
Asgard really got the short end of the stick there.

Later, when he snapped his fingers, they would have been halved again leaving only a quarter.

Don't forget all the worlds he had already been through, that is assuming he didn't already mentally take them into consideration when he did the snap

Where were the Asgaardians that survived? All of the surviving population was on the vessel at the end of Ragnarok. When Thanos gets the stone from Loki, he destroys the ship with the power stone. Where were the 1/2 that survived?

Where were the Asgaardians that survived? All of the surviving population was on the vessel at the end of Ragnarok. When Thanos gets the stone from Loki, he destroys the ship with the power stone. Where were the 1/2 that survived?

I believe it was stated earlier that what we saw in IW was only half of the ship. The other ship had presumably been sent off with the survivors (of which Word of God says that Valkyrie was among).

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back