My Star Wars projects (Graflexes almost done!!!)

Buch

Sr Member
I'm slowly beginning to take on some of the iconic Star Wars props and thought a thread about them would be appropriate :D

Currently I'm working on three projects.... will update the thread as the different builds progress!

1) A Denix ANH DL-44:

I got this from Todd's costumes with the latest run. While the scope, scope mount, bull barrel etc. are all great quality I'm surprised how bad the Denix's really are. I did read that the castings were bad but oh boy! So I'm reworking it completely using some of the AWESOME builds here as reference...

DENIX1.JPGDENIX2.JPG

2) A MGC ANH DL-44

I just received this beauty today - and I'm thrilled! It makes the Denix look even worse. While the finish is a little beat up it's mechanically in perfect condition and a little bit of light sanding a re-coloring should do the job! I'm strongly hoping to get in on DEC's March run of ANH kits to go with this. Never thought I would get my hands on one of these... the detail is amazing!

MGC1.JPGMGC2.JPGMGC3.JPGMGC4.JPG

BTW both blasters will have accurate stamping... got the numbers too somewhere...

STAMPS.JPG

3) LUKE ANH & ESB Graflex lightsaber:

I'm patiently waiting for two of Roman's Graflex replicas to arrive. They should be here soon! So excited to see them... They will be turned into the Luke ANH and ESB version, respectively. I'm getting Roman's ESB kit and have already got Wannawanga's ANH kit (shout out for excellent service!!!)... Still need to find ESB accurate mylar tape... played with the idea of doing the ranch edition with textured tape but not sure yet.... we'll see...

SABERS.JPG
IMG_1274.JPG

That's all for now! Feel free to leave a comment :D

Last edited:
Re: My Star Wars projects (Denix + MGC Mauser and Roman's Graflex)

Boy, those are gonna look great!

Where did you locate those stamps if you don't mind my asking?

Thanks guys!
Egon: See PM :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Boy, those are gonna look great!

Where did you locate those stamps if you don't mind my asking?

Would also be interested! Nice parts btw..have fun

I'm excited for your builds! nice score on the MGC, the finish is just weathering!

I'm excited for your builds! nice score on the MGC, the finish is just weathering!

Thanks! Yeah after looking at it again and again I'm considering leaving the finish as it is... it looks really cool! Considering the age it's in REALLY good shape!

Re: My Star Wars projects (Wooden grips for MGC Mauser?!?)

Need some advice guys! I'm not overly thrilled with the wooden grips I found for the MGC.... can anybody recommend some? Don't mind doing some fitting...

Need some advice guys! I'm not overly thrilled with the wooden grips I found for the MGC.... can anybody recommend some? Don't mind doing some fitting...

Get in contact with dmachinist/ DEC, he did a run of wooden grips for MGCs back the days...maybe he has some left in stock

What blaster are you going to build with your MGC? depending on that you won´t need wooden grips, since the plastic ones are accurate

Get in contact with dmachinist/ DEC, he did a run of wooden grips for MGCs back the days...maybe he has some left in stock

What blaster are you going to build with your MGC? depending on that you won´t need wooden grips, since the plastic ones are accurate

Thanks! I'm aiming for the ANH with the MGC.... Which version had plastic grips? I had no idea... Still a noob at Star Wars props :$

As the ANH was a real one, you can go 2 ways.
The easy way with just adding wooden grips fitting for MGC. Nice on the first quick look, but a noticeable bigger and flatter handle than the real Mauser.

Or adding real sized grips, and filing down the metal till it fits. Not that hard to do, and the handle feels and looks quite different.

Thanks! I'm aiming for the ANH with the MGC.... Which version had plastic grips? I had no idea... Still a noob at Star Wars props :$

All DL44s, that were based on the MGC C96 had plastic -stock- grips.
ANH hero, Bespin Luke and Han had wooden grips, since based on life firing C96s...maybe even the weirdo ROTJ with extra long barrel.

Nice start! I have the same stamps, he does amazing work!

All DL44s, that were based on the MGC C96 had plastic -stock- grips.
ANH hero, Bespin Luke and Han had wooden grips, since based on life firing C96s...maybe even the weirdo ROTJ with extra long barrel.

And so I learned something new today! Thanks! That certainly is useful info :D

- - - Updated - - -

Nice start! I have the same stamps, he does amazing work!

That he does! Thanks :D

As the ANH was a real one, you can go 2 ways.
The easy way with just adding wooden grips fitting for MGC. Nice on the first quick look, but a noticeable bigger and flatter handle than the real Mauser.

Or adding real sized grips, and filing down the metal till it fits. Not that hard to do, and the handle feels and looks quite different.

So if I want to add real Mauser grips to the MGC I will have to file the metal handle to make them fit? Hmmm...

Man, I need those stamps, so cool!! Would also be interested in knowing how you obtained them.

And nice find on the MGC, I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on one.

Good luck on finding wooden grips if you decide to, I can't find any with the correct number of lines these days, and I've been digging pretty hard!

Good luck on finding wooden grips if you decide to, I can't find any with the correct number of lines these days, and I've been digging pretty hard!

Thanks :D And yeah, I'm not particularly happy with the ones I'm finding... if you find a place let me know!

See PM about the stamps!

Nice Start.

By the way, I'm also curious about those stamps... Could use a set on my MR EE Han ANH blaster...

:D

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back