JFcustom's FOAM files

Might I ask what thickness you used for the Hawkman Looch? The one fellow who did Hawkgirl said he wished he did it in 3-5mm, just asking because I really wanna take at the both of them

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I think it should be around 8mm.

Might I ask what thickness you used for the Hawkman Looch? The one fellow who did Hawkgirl said he wished he did it in 3-5mm, just asking because I really wanna take at the both of them

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

What I used on the back was 6mm. I say a thinner size on the back, because of the inlay part on the "feather tips".
Not the best pic but I outlined in red what Im talking about. The 6mm was too thick and didn't shape well, I attempted cutting the mountain and valley folds to help achieve the a better look, but in the end it looks like Fidos ass.

JF has a great unfold but my execution of it doesn't do it justice. I hope to do another with thinner material. Maybe a 2mm.
The top part was 10mm and the sides were 10mm. Hope that helps.

20131128_210114.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, an interesting take on the wings-I just attached the back wings to the front completely. Looks cool, bro. I'll post a pic of the back soon.

Okay, here's the Hawkman helmet with a couple of coats of resin and paint. This shows me where to focus the Bondo, and shows the backof the helmet as well.001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG

You coated your foam mask with resin? what resin did you use to not warp the foam?

Have to check when I get home, but pretty sure it's the standard Bondo brand two-part resin. Works like a dream, and doesn't make problems:)

Have to check when I get home, but pretty sure it's the standard Bondo brand two-part resin. Works like a dream, and doesn't make problems:)

ahhhh poop. we don't have bondo over here :( was hoping for a brand we can also buy over here in the UK. So it doesn't warp it at all? sound good as all I read about resin + foam = warpping

ahhhh poop. we don't have bondo over here :( was hoping for a brand we can also buy over here in the UK. So it doesn't warp it at all? sound good as all I read about resin + foam = warpping

Hmm...No, never warped for me. What brands do you have over there? And has the 50th anniversary craziness died down yet?

I found the files to down load on here but I can not get them to open coz they are zip or some other thing do I need a laptop or PC help coz I am only on a tablet Help

Sent from my A1-810 using Tapatalk

you will need either WINzip or WINRAR. Once opened with one of those you will be able to open the PDO files that are held within.

tumbucu1 asked for Deunan and Briareos suits more than a year ago. And I seriously tackle this request only now. So, if you send me more files than I already have in pending, I could only store them on a drive and you should consider retrieving a foam conversion within at least the same delay... that leads to the beginning of 2015 :\

Dude. you are a machine!!!! This is the best topic ever!!!

Is there any chance you can convert the Dr. Fate helmet to 300 spartan leonidas helmet?? I've been after this helmet for about 5 years

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back