Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Mine is like this.

http://archive.a.la9.jp/DSC06182rss.jpg

There is a gap, although I am not sure if it's width is the same as yours. I thought it was designed this way.
I had no problem with joining the saucers.

A little update: finished painting the underside.

http://archive.a.la9.jp/DSC06177rs.jpg

I have come to realize that it's quite difficult to paint a model of a dirty spaceship without turning it into a dirty model.
Gorgeous!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oh my...
Wash over bare plastic with a big discount store brush... crappy weathering of laser blasts with Tamiya sticks... "professional model makers"?
26 minutes of pain... :facepalm
Is that the video where the dude starts painting on eyelashes with the Tamiya weathering kit?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

For the Canucks reading this, Suward Hobbies has a Boxing Day sale on now for this kit $450 CDN including shipping.

Suddenly it makes sense:
This is a "leaked" promo image for Solo. Disney has disavowed it, but I have my doubts about the retraction. The angle of the top mandible now makes sense. They re-aimed the angle slightly to converge at a common point with the others. I hate it, but the mystery of why they did it seems to be solved (to me at least). They could re-dress the full sized Falcon for the Han movie and build out the "arms", swap out the hull plates, lower the turrets, re-do the engine detail, ... damn, that's still a lot of work.

1NIWLGk.jpg

KbHlImD.jpg

Last edited:

Just wondering if anyone has heard of issues with paints or thinners on the FM or any of the newer kits after the ATST. Just wanting to know what not to use any these are still issues with the plastic

I take that promo art to be some fake. I doubt Disney would let the officials put a Nintendo contoller on Solos jacket

Whoops, I saved a copy that someone had fun with. They thought the greeble on his jacket looked like one. This is the original that's making rounds:
1NIWLGk.jpg

Ya know. I'm okay with it. We all knew the Falcon would be in a newer, different form, and honestly every one of us would have a different idea about what the Falcon looked like new(er). This version retains some of it's Falcon-ness and (I assume) the ship will likely take some damage that by the end of the movie will transform it into the ship we all love. If it's a fan thing -- it's not a bad attempt.

Don't know what to say about the falcon till I see it in action... are those things that Chewbacca wear across his shoulder different??

Actually, there are some good tips there on drilling out and cutting pieces to more closely match the original five footer. Quite useful!

Actually, there are some good tips there on drilling out and cutting pieces to more closely match the original five footer. Quite useful!

Yup. Will look into that paste he made up for affixing PE.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back