How to cut long HFC Mauser Magazine for TFA Han Blaster

Hirohawa

Sr Member
What's the best method?

Does one cut down the top and re-use the baseplate or cut down just the bottom and insert that?

Thanks is advance.

I, cut down the top. Then I drilled a hole in the bottom body and inserted a screw to work as the catch. This allowed me to use the cut down mag, in the blaster without glueing it or anything like that

Hey Hirohawa ! I don't have one of these so take this thought with a grain of salt.

From pictures on-line, it kind of looks like there are two pins towards the bottom of the clip down near the buttplate. Have you tried trying to punch them out yet? Be mindful that they may not be pins, in the sense of say the ones found in an AR-15, but rather nubs on another part protruding through the wall of the clip sides, and that using a punch on them might not be the best idea. Especially if they're attached to the buttplate and that's what holds it within the bottom of the clip sides.

Regardless, assuming you can get the buttplate off somehow without damaging it, I would then cut off material from the bottom of the clip in order to reuse the top section so that the clip could still be used with whatever locks it in place when the top of clip is inserted into the pistol.

You will probably have to address the issue of the little semi-sphere bubble that stops the clip during its insertion into the pistol too. If the clip is plastic you could just grind the little half moon shape right off of there! If it's metal, and you're really crafty, you could insert a hard wooden, metal, or plastic plug, and gently tap the protrusion flat. You might need to slit it in the center and remove a thin "pizza slice" out of it first so that the metal doesn't put outward pressure on the body of the clip on that side and make it too wide to fit back within the pistol. You could solder or bondo the crease/seam after it's flat.

Drill some new holes to reuse the buttplate "pins" (if that's how it's held in place), then sand and paint it to make it look pretty again.

Once you reattach the buttplate, it will act as the stop, the same way that the little half moon shape did.

Good Luck! I hope this helps or gives you ideas on how to achieve your goal.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back