Iron Man mkIII 3D Print Files - FREE

For those of you with problems printing, I have decided to take a break from modeling and get all that has been done in order...starting with the unibeam.
I split this one in to 3 pieces. The biggest change is the thickness of the outer ring. I got it from $67 to $25 by just making it a bit thinner...Anyhow, check the original post for links to the separated "Shapeways friendly" unibeam. -enjoy!
center.jpgmiddle.jpgouter.jpg

Last edited:
Could you put links to all of the files in the first post? It would be a lot easier to find and download new versions that way, rather than having to look through the whole thread for the links.

Thanks for all your hard work.
The models looks great.
I was wondering, what is the differences on the unibeams that was uploaded:
1) new unibeam (5-10-13)
2 unibeam 02 exploded , 5 parts i believe.
3) shapeway friendly , 3 parts.
Thanks

awesome job with the files! hope to get printing later this week with a few. Any chance of getting them as STL files?

thanks

Thanks for all your hard work.
The models looks great.
I was wondering, what is the differences on the unibeams that was uploaded:
1) new unibeam (5-10-13)
2 unibeam 02 exploded , 5 parts i believe.
3) shapeway friendly , 3 parts.
Thanks

1) new unibeam: is the most accurate... but because of this it is more costly to print (taller outer walls, thick base, etc)
2) unibeam 02 exploded: this version is prior to acquiring superior reference. It was separated for printing, as a few of these are.
3)Shapeways friendly: This version is based on 1) . I changed the base thickness (cost savings) and a few leaky pieces of geo to make it "Shapeways friendly) After a few problems posted by a few board members trying to print from shapeways.com, It was suggested that I create an account which allowed me to upload models and view the results afterwards. (they give you a preview and a rotation before printing) I split it into 3 parts which all fit together after printing.

I know it sounds confusing, but on one hand I want to offer the MOST accurate models, but they need to actually print. I am in the process of tweaking some small details to make the print process smoother.

awesome job with the files! hope to get printing later this week with a few. Any chance of getting them as STL files?

thanks

Not any longer, sorry. But you can do a google search for this application:
"sap visual enterprise author free trial download"

That's what I use. Free 30 day trial should suffice.

I'd also recommend netfabb which has an unlimited free version and/or cloud version. You can open the OBJ and Part > Export Part > STL.
If you see a red triangle - exclamation point the model has problems which will probably prevent printing. Shapeways has a walkthru of how to make repairs using netfabb so I won't bother repeating it, check out the site.

I'd also recommend netfabb which has an unlimited free version and/or cloud version. You can open the OBJ and Part > Export Part > STL.
If you see a red triangle - exclamation point the model has problems which will probably prevent printing. Shapeways has a walkthru of how to make repairs using netfabb so I won't bother repeating it, check out the site.

Wow, this does a lot more than convert. Have not tried it, but when I get some time I'm gonna!
netfabb Professional

- - - Updated - - -

Wow these are awesome! Any possibility of different arcs or a helmet?
Working on hands now... helmet is on the list! Sticking to the mkIII for now.

It's also worth noting that the cloud version of netfabb will take multiple shells and combine them into one. For whatever reason, the desktop version will not. It will fix most issues that will cause prints to fail. But it's dumb, so if you try to run the unibeam through it tries to close all the meshes, therefore closing over the center portion.

Me again. Something I have discovered on Shapeways: uploading separate parts as one file will often save you a few bucks. For example the attached pix costs $5 less by uploading the box and lid together instead of separate files.674x501_1109606_1019100_1369187330.jpg

Due to the way Shapeways prints, you can stack parts above each other while keeping them separate (think of a vertical exploded view) or lay them side by side like my box.

Holy cow! I just stumbled onto this thread today and everything here is amazing! Thanks for sharing.

I made my own Unibeam last year in 3D and it was very similar to this.

IMG_1929.JPGIMG_1965.JPG
IMG_4656.JPG

whats your shapeway shop name?
would like to buy from you printed objects via shapeway..that way you get some cash for you hard work..or if they are free that might help those that cant print unless the use shapeway

great work

Holy cow! I just stumbled onto this thread today and everything here is amazing! Thanks for sharing.

I made my own Unibeam last year in 3D and it was very similar to this.

View attachment 188755View attachment 188756
View attachment 188757

You're welcome. Man that Unibeam you did looks nice.

whats your shapeway shop name?
would like to buy from you printed objects via shapeway..that way you get some cash for you hard work..or if they are free that might help those that cant print unless the use shapeway

great work

I didn't create a shop on shapeway, I am just using them as a way to check the model for print. I am trying to pre test each one so folks will hopefully have fewer problems.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back