Any reason *not* to pre-order the new Tomenosuke from HCG?

Jedisushi

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi folks,

Long time sporadic lurker, first time poster here.

The upcoming release of 2049 has reignited my dormant but fervent desire to own a Tomenosuke.

Is there any reason I shouldn't pre-order the 2049 edition currently available at HCG? (https://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/store/product.php?productid=16598)

Do you think the quoted ship date of early October will hold?

Frankly my preference would be to order direct from Japan, but as usual I've missed the boat on that one.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Michael

I've heard the LED's don't have the slow power down any more. I'd also wonder what the finish is going to be like based on the comments from the last HCG run.

I've heard the LED's don't have the slow power down any more. I'd also wonder what the finish is going to be like based on the comments from the last HCG run.
The HCG Blaster for October 2017 is the same as the 'Tomenosuke Blaster 2049' that was released in July 2017. Just different packaging.
LEDs flick on and off quickly in the 2049 Blasters. No big deal. If you are keen, you can get an electronics wiz to alter the electronic circuit and get the slow power up like before.
The Tomenosuke Blaster 2049 paint finish is excellent. Can't see any reason why there would be a problem with the HCG model due this October.

You won't regret it.

Thanks. By the way, I sent you a PM about your cases... :)

Is it worth it to consider swapping out the barrel on the Tomenosuke? I know there are some folks making really beautiful aluminum or steel replacements...

Thanks. By the way, I sent you a PM about your cases... :)

Is it worth it to consider swapping out the barrel on the Tomenosuke? I know there are some folks making really beautiful aluminum or steel replacements...

It all comes down to preference. I'm fine with the plastic barrel.

I have reasons why I will NEVER order from HCG...apparently not everybody feels the same so take it for what it's worth.

Can you elaborate? If you can't publically, pm

Asking that question will always make Funky bring up the Hero Aliens Pulse rifle that had a drooping barrel, a plating issue on the Rocky belt and the electronics failure of the Korben Dallas Blaster.

Some people like to bring those up as examples of the company's shortcomings. But realize those items were ten years or more back, when the company was starting out, and the factories that proved to be an issue have been replaced by new ones. Sometimes these factories don't come through and leave you holding the bag... or I should say... the sub par product. It can really suck! Imagine creating a great statue, paying for a premium paint master, and then the factory surprises you with 1,000 poorly painted pieces that do not match your paint master. It happens, and you are stuck as the factory is so far away, and shipping all back via boat and waiting for the run to start over again is just not possible.

And then they will say, "HCG quality control isn't as good as the small prop makers here in the junkyard?", and the response again goes to outsourcing to overseas factories. You lose that ability to micro manage a project to a standard that someone in the JY can maintain. Look at Sarednab, and the fact that we know he makes quality stuff. But now look at a few of his runs where the factory he sourced, screwed a few things up. Jumuji Cases that warped and didn't line up. Cross of Coronado where the ***** fell off on a few. His Hook run where some of the hooks were bent to the side. We don't question his ability as a prop maker to produce great stuff, but sometimes the factory can screw up.

So yes, HCG has had its share of hiccups over the years, but I long to find a company that didn't or a collectibles company outside of Sideshow that hasn't gone bankrupt or out of business.

".........So yes, HCG has had its share of hiccups over the years, but I long to find a company that didn't or a collectibles company outside of Sideshow that hasn't gone bankrupt or out of business......."

Hi Moviefreak. That last sentence was plenty.
What is a key element as well is Customer service and how well the Company treats it's clients before sales, after sales and Customer complaints. I had two of the pulse rifles...both slightly drooped barrels...which I was able to fix up easily myself. Great product and service by HCG though.
The upcoming Blade Runner Blaster 2049 ... HCG are really the main USA based distribution-hub and seller for the Tomenosuke Company's Blasters.
Tomenosuke product quality will still be there of course.

I would like to say that the two Tomenosuke Blasters i bought in HCG (the last a year ago) both arrived in perfect condition to Spain. They were traveling around the USA, crossing to Europe, being held for 10 days in customs and touched by many hands throughout the process. If you live in USA you won´t have those added troubles.

I just wanted to let you know my personal experience.

Last edited:
The HCG Blaster for October 2017 is the same as the 'Tomenosuke Blaster 2049' that was released in July 2017. Just different packaging.
LEDs flick on and off quickly in the 2049 Blasters. No big deal. If you are keen, you can get an electronics wiz to alter the electronic circuit and get the slow power up like before.

My 2049 edition has the slow start up of the LEDs

Hey Scoped Evil. I had 2049 Editions... both did not have the slow LED start-up, as intended with the July 2017 release version.
You got a dud...return it.
...LOL....Just kidding. Well done dude.:p

Question for you: I pre-ordered a 2049 before the "official licensed" version was announced. I was on the wait list but I just had my order status updated. Will I be getting one of the first round of 2049's or do you think I'll now be getting a licenced version. I know the only difference is the box but I'm curious.

Thanks,

Question for you: I pre-ordered a 2049 before the "official licensed" version was announced. I was on the wait list but I just had my order status updated. Will I be getting one of the first round of 2049's or do you think I'll now be getting a licenced version. I know the only difference is the box but I'm curious.

Thanks,

Are you on the payment plan for the previous version? If you are, then you will get the previous version, as we set aside a gun as soon as a payment plan order is made.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back