DL-44 ANH Hero scope alternatives?

Pedro

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey folks. In preparation to convert my recently acquired Denix Mauser I've been reading up on the hero DL-44 from ANH until my head spins, and all that's happening for me is an ever increasing desire for accuracy that's going to break my bank for sure! Anyway, I generally try to stay in the 80% accuracy range when things get too pricey. What I ultimately want is an all (or mostly) metal blaster that looks "a lot" like the screen prop. I did pre-order a flash hider kit from Todd's Costumes, can't wait to get my grubbies on it!

My sticking point right now is the scope, I'm scouring the web and finding some decent likenesses but nothing that quite does it for me. Has anyone found alternate "real" scopes that have the general look of the Hensholdt? I'm talking single bell (or remove the second bell), about the right length, and ideally a single knob (or smallish knobs/assembly if there are two). Ideally I'd like to keep it under $50. I think that the mojo from having a real scope would outweigh the accuracy of a resin scope, for me at least. Any ideas?

For the Hensoldt, not considering the originals, there is no way around Todds scope atm.

DCs is nice, sure, but it is visible on the first look that it´s a replica.

Real, resin, the 2 above - i´ve never seen halfway good other variants than that.

I would second Todd's. It looks realllllllly good. Especially at that price. At the same time, I have DEC's steel scope, and I am very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todd's is pretty awesome ($150) but worth every penny. Your only other option for a metal one under $50 would be to find someone with a lathe and get them to cut some round stock for you. I think JaxAndTheMoon was using a real scope that looked pretty decent. it had two knobs like the GK (Compac). The knob is going to be your hardest part, you can always find something, cut the front bell off, remove the knobs and add a resin knob from a Hensoldt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently using an old Weaver K1.5-1 on my build, but it required me to modify my scope mount to accept it, which meant a lot of filing down.

The k1.5 looks pretty much like what I'm after, though I don't like the knurling on the bell. Thanks for chiming in, with some imagination I think there are probably other options, stickling aside. :)

The k1.5 looks pretty much like what I'm after, though I don't like the knurling on the bell. Thanks for chiming in, with some imagination I think there are probably other options, stickling aside. :)

Just know that the K 1.5-1 is thicker than the standard Hensoldt scope, so if you purchase a Todd's Costumes scope mount, be prepared to file it down a lot, or have access to a mill.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back