Lets Mod a Black Series Poe Helmet!

The base coats of black tan and red are much thicker coats than the top weathering layer. A light rubbing easily removes the weathering but it does thin it out causing some smearing onto the black base coat. Another clean paper towel with som me alcohol and a few quick wipes will clean that up. The paper towel will have a bit of black on it but nothing enough to remove the base coat. Plus once you go over the whole thing with steel wool it roughs up and evens everything out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Parts look great. But why not do the mic's base as well?

The microphone base is attaches by a pair of clips which are then epoxied in. I really tried to break mine free, to the point where I was worried about breaking the helmet.

I apologize for the picture quality. I was trying to get the best shot I could with a cellphone camera, but I think it illustrates the mounting of the microphone base. In the center of the image, above and below the center hole, you can see the two tabs.

pKZQCug.jpg

Last edited:
Hello

A general question...havn't seen details about it here yet. How big is the helmet? Does it fit a grown up with head size 7 1/2 or 60cm? I have the Stormtropper helmet from Hasbro and that one is a touch to small to be worn confortably.

thanks
Uwe

Hello

A general question...havn't seen details about it here yet. How big is the helmet? Does it fit a grown up with head size 7 1/2 or 60cm? I have the Stormtropper helmet from Hasbro and that one is a touch to small to be worn confortably.

thanks
Uwe

I have a size 7 3/8 size head which equals a size large for the flight helmet the Navy issued me. The Poe helmet fits great for me in the way that it is secure to my head with out feeling uncomfortable. The only problem I have is that the inner padding that makes up the read head and ear cushions tend to get pushed upward as I put it on and I need to reach in and pull the padding to the proper placement on my ears. I think I can solve this with adding some more points of attachment via self sticking velcro.

So are you guys doing total repaints or just removing the silver scratches that look horrible? I have Reels decal & metal greeblies, & also Al's metal mic tip on its way. If you are doing TFA repaints what brand/colors are you all using? Thanks:)

Wow, that looks great! Can you give some detail on what you did? I bought the helmet & ordered the metal mic kit that another member sells here. Just looking for more ideas before I dive in for reals.
:)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back