From Slough UK to Scranton PA: which Office do you prefer?

I saw the British version first and LOVED it-- so when the American version came out and it's first few episodes were essentially remakes, I felt like it was a knock off, and I really didn't like it. I left it, but came back to it later and once they weren't afraid to do their own thing, and clearly set themselves apart, I started to really enjoy it as it's own thing.

It's sort of like an Office shared universe, I feel like they actually compliment each other at the end of the day.

That said, UK sensibilities say its okay to just do a short run of a show and be done, where as the US way is to run it until it's cataleptic. Like all great American sitcoms, i think the US Office went one or two seasons too long. Still gems in those last years, but the ingenuity was gone.

...how's my OIQ?

Exactly the same for me.

If you've not watched the later seasons of the American version of The Office, you may've missed this gem. Pam is interviewing for a job at another company, and much to her surprise (and delight), her prospective new boss reminds her very much of someone from her past. The new boss is played brilliantly by Bob Odenkirk. Here is Pam, arriving for the interview:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2km527

:lol Man, I frackin' love Bob Odenkirk! His, "It's, too soon.", line just kills me! lmfao

The Wook

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back