STAR WARS (Samurai Boba Fett)

Your built looks awesome :) really nice work :) cant wait to see your vader

Thanks Chris! :D And Ditto, Vader is giving me and my wife a lot of trouble haha, I could've sworn before I started this project Fett would be the more difficult of the two but it turns the Darkside is just too strong...

So My buddy Jason Laboy who is one of the most amazing professional photographers I know was able to take some shots of the Ronin Fett. I have only received one so far but it is quite good, I think it does the suit and his skills as a photographer justice. Cant wait to see the other ones!!!
12976978_10201582983254288_7392766637776222143_o (1).jpg

Anyways even though I'll be focusing more of my attention on the Vader now to get it finished for the next event, don't think that I will be slacking on this project ;). This week I'm hoping to have finalized templates for the shoes and start assembling them. So stay tuned because this is far from over...

Okay so I skipped ahead a little and got carried away this weekend, I did manage to draw up some templates for the shoes but still trying to figure out which types of thickness of foam I should use for different areas. But as I said I got carried away and started the jetpack this weekend. Honestly I thought this would be the most difficult part but once I started I couldn't stop, keep in mind this is built entirely from scratch and I had to design templates on the spot, so its not perfect. It is though very light in weight only having the main PVC pip in the middle being the heaviest part. But everything else is EVA craft foam. For the most part I just made a box with 1/2 inch floor foam sheets, and kept layering from there with different thicknesses of foam and googly eyes of course haha. Not entirely complete I still need to work on the actual rockets on the sides hoping to have that done by Thursday.

photo 2 (3).JPGphoto 1 (1).JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG
photo 3.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 2 (4).JPG
photo 4 (2).JPGphoto 1 (2).JPG
Making the templates for the Missile was probably the most challenging, I figured if you take a plastic bottle that's neck is relatively close to shape and size and cut it out and create a template with that by cutting it off the bottle and flattening it. Not sure if anyone has used this technique but I kinda just thought of it when I was having trouble looking for templates for the jetpack. Hopefully I'll have more updates this week.

Was able to have some more down-time with the Jetpack, and the weather decided last night to not be such an ******* until around 11 P.M. when it started to rain and I had to run my stuff inside. Anyways finished assembling and sealing the jetpack and gave its first 2 coats of paint last night.

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 4.JPG

I cant wait to detail this!!! stay tuned ;).

Alright not much of an update but I finished painting the jetpack.
photo.JPG

I also Finished my wife's Vader and had our friend Jason Laboy take some amazing photos.
View attachment JLP_6299.jpgView attachment JLP_6303.jpgView attachment JLP_6305.jpg
So that's it, this week I will be modifying some stuff and making some repairs that where sustained over the long weekend at Anime fan fest. But hopefully I will have better updates for everyone in the coming weeks.

So nice. Thanks for sharing. I saw a post about the figure today by accident and I think I will make this my first costume project. very ambitious, but I gotta start somewhere. :D

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back