What is your favourite Graflex lightsaber version?

Definitely the ANH version. The first time I ever saw a lightsaber ignite, it made my childhood. It was love at first sight.
Pic0002.png.png

Rey / Luke Episode VIII - The Crystal Horde : Scene 1; "Awe, you made a mess of it, gimme that." Luke says to Rey as he snatches his old lightsaber from her and turns it over and around inspecting it. "I've been needing it back so I can get off of this rocky dead island." Rey looks on in astonishment as Luke begins to disassemble the lightsaber and flips the ignition switch to the sabers left side. "Good thing I have a spare for this!" he barks as he slides a bubble strip into the clamp mouth before he secures it back in place with the locking lever. "And who smoothed off the inspection ring? Man, I'll never find another one of those." Luke whines.

A long pause occurs between the two....Rey blurts out, "Are you going to tell me if you're my Dad or not!" "Dad. Dad...Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time, a long time. I haven't gone by the name of Dad since, oh, after you were born."

My favorite would be TFA with ANH glass eye, bubble strip, and clamp on the left. <---- It's so much easier to hold that way!

That's a Luke ANH ... mostly, isn't it? :behave

Chaïm

Welllllllllllll, no, because I like the ESB / TFA grips better, but don't like the ESB 2nd Red Button, nor the TFA smooth glass eye, nor any of the clamp cards, so, ANH up front and ESB / TFA in the rear. TFA is the closest on screen to what my ideal Skywalker Lightsaber would be. What's a few modifications between movies right? They can make my dreams happen if they want to!

The closest pre-TFA analogue to the TFA lightsaber I know of is the cutaway lightsaber used in the DK Visual Encyclopedia for the OT. There, the lightsaber has the ESB grips, but the ANH glass eye piece:
spaccato.jpg

The closest pre-TFA analogue to the TFA lightsaber I know of is the cutaway lightsaber used in the DK Visual Encyclopedia for the OT. There, the lightsaber has the ESB grips, but the ANH glass eye piece:
http://cinebloggando.altervista.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/spaccato.jpg

I, like many others on here, am constantly changing my opinion about which version I like the most. I am gonna have to agree with CT1138 here for the purposes of my comment. I like the grips from Empire, but I like the stock glass eye from IV. As for the clamp card, I like the simplicity of the bubbles, but can't imagine the ESB/TFA grips without a circuit card.

Is it weird that I actually prefer how the ANH version does not have "G R A F L E X" covered up on the clamp? It sort of blurs the line between prop and in-universe saber, and I think that makes it more interesting. I guess as a person who is not only obsessed with the stories within the films, but also with the stories surrounding the making of the films, the ANH hilt best represents the fact that those movies, and particularity that film, were literally cobbled together in the most genus of ways. I think Roy had it right when he said that using the flash handle was a brilliant epiphany.

Also my favorite version from ESB is the Degobah version where it is missing one of the buttons for whatever reason. I guess I like it for the same reason I like the ANH. I like the junky versions over the idealized hero props.

I don't know if Disney will every explain why there are different versions, or if we are just supposed to accept that these props are just representations of the same hilt in the canon, but at the end of the day as long as the hilt is a Graflex, I am happy.

I ordered a Roman's Graflex and a Graflex Shop Graflex as well as a TFA and an ANH kit from Roy. Now to determine which one to convert into which version...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back