Looking for vertical acrylic lightsaber stands

DARTH SABER

Master Member
Hey guys, im in the process of setting up a new lightsaber display and I think i may go with vertical stands (similar to the ones at Disney's Launch Bay saber display)

I saw a couple on ebay but the design is too busy.
Theres one on etsy as well that looks just about perfect but i think the saber lays down too far back.

Im looking for something simple, clean, transparent, not too wide and not toodistracting from the saber.
Preferrably one strip of acrylic bent into that semi triangle shape, without an extreme laying down position.

Anyone know any sites that may sell this type of stand?

There's a few on Shapeways, but they seem really overpriced. Somebody just put up an interest thread in the project runs forum. I thought I saw some on Etsy-- I'm on the hunt as well. Will report back!

There's a few on Shapeways, but they seem really overpriced. Somebody just put up an interest thread in the project runs forum. I thought I saw some on Etsy-- I'm on the hunt as well. Will report back!

Thatnks Seth.
I have a stand thats horizontal right now thats a 4 tier stand.
Nice look to it but the sbaers sit too close together and the ears on some of the graflexes hit the sabers above.
The positioning is a bit too close as well..they look clumped together.

I may use that stand for my custom sabers.

Searxh lightsaber stand on etsy-- there's a few. Quite the range of prices and quality.

How long?
I don't know-- just ordered them. :)

Quality?

I'll find out when they arrive. Hopefully they don't suck. I just bit the bullet and ordered them cause they are the only ones that seem both affordable and look decent.

Looks like the examples he's using are MR sabers, which would be a little bigger than flashgun ones, so I think the size and angle would be fine.

I'll take one for the team and let you know when they get here.

I like the one I got from an eBay seller for my Kylo saber which can be seen here

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=253984&page=30&p=4152997&viewfull=1#post4152997

It was kinda pricey when I bought it and I notice the seller has since raised the price even further, but given what I already had into this saber, another $40 wasnt a big deal to me. I like it though because its practically invisible as it sits on my shelf and really shows off the saber.

How long?
I don't know-- just ordered them. :)

Quality?

I'll find out when they arrive. Hopefully they don't suck. I just bit the bullet and ordered them cause they are the only ones that seem both affordable and look decent.

Looks like the examples he's using are MR sabers, which would be a little bigger than flashgun ones, so I think the size and angle would be fine.

I'll take one for the team and let you know when they get here.

Thanks Seth!

Yeah, those are nice.
they just seem to be lying at a very steep angle. Maybe its just the photos.

I dunno, Whats your opinion on them?
Does their angle look weird when in a diplay case?

Ok, heres an update-

I spoke to the guy on Etsy (the one who made the verticle stand you ordered) and asked it is was possible to redesign it so the saber stands a bit more upright.
Hes going to make a sample to see how much more it will cost.
He estimates it would be just under $40 and will probably offer this version on his shop as well.

This would be perfect for what Im looking for.

I have an industrial laser cutter. If you have an idea of what you want, I could make some for you.

Well the guy on etsy is already working on a prototype.
Its basically his same design except the lightsaber would stabd up more upright.

If things fall through ill let you know.
Thanks for the offer!

No problem Darth, just let me know.

Dminor, do you know where I can find some reference pics of those? I might want to make a few in the future if it's feasible

IMG_2247.JPGIMG_2250.JPG

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back