Blake's 7 prop replicas?

I would love to get started building a Teleport bracelet. But I am in need of some advice, as I have many questions!

I see the EMA Models web page, but I dont know what size the raw materials need to be. Could anyone tell me what sizes of the grey ABS one piece tubes I would need and what end cap / hemisphere I would need for the grey button?

For instance is it two sizes of tube that fits one inside the other? The outer ring is not as wide as the main tube for the bracelet and sits over the top, with the grey button fitted in? Am I right?

I can get hold of the paint, hinge etc, I just have no idea where to get the alien lettering for the chrome tape. Can anyone help me? Point me in the right direction or tell me where I can get the alien script from? And is it laser cut sticky backed plastic, or just tape that is cut with scissors?

So many questions, I know , but I thought this would be the best place to ask. If I get help enough in order to build a few, I will give one away to whover can provide me with the alien script. I cant be fairer than that can I? Hee hee hee...

Thanks everyone :confused

Ooooh Blake's 7 props........................

Some of mine.

Fantastic show. :)

FEDERATION RIFLE.

fedrifle1.jpg

Very nice indeed. This is the next thing I want to build after finishing my NSD dalek. I've hunted onlinefor dimensions of the rifle, but so far some up blank.

Well so far the only person thats been able to help me out is MicDavis. He has kindly sent me the Alien script, and some nice photos of the bracelet, but now I am stuck once again!

I need to know what size the bracelet is. Eg how wide is the tube? The Diameter of the complete bracelet, the hole you stick your arm through, as it were!

I need to know that for the scale so I can order some tube. Also I cant find the cap I need on the EMA Models web page. I think its a Dished Head cap that I need to order about 10 - 20 of for transmit buttons.

According to the plans Mic sent me its 18mm across and yet there is no such sized cap on EMA Models site. The smallest ones they have are 44.5 mm across and thats going to be too big.

So what do you make them out of? And do you have to cut down a larger cap? They dont look cut down in all the photos I have seen on here, they all look like they are a standard size. Can any help and give me some advice?

Or should I just ring up EMA and ask them...maybe they will know...Anyone?

Anyone at all?????? HELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

I know I can build them, paint and pink acrylic etc is no problem, I just need the cap size, part number etc and the diameter of the tube.

Cheers!

Well so far the only person thats been able to help me out is MicDavis. He has kindly sent me the Alien script, and some nice photos of the bracelet, but now I am stuck once again!

I need to know what size the bracelet is. Eg how wide is the tube? The Diameter of the complete bracelet, the hole you stick your arm through, as it were!

I need to know that for the scale so I can order some tube. Also I cant find the cap I need on the EMA Models web page. I think its a Dished Head cap that I need to order about 10 - 20 of for transmit buttons.

According to the plans Mic sent me its 18mm across and yet there is no such sized cap on EMA Models site. The smallest ones they have are 44.5 mm across and thats going to be too big.

So what do you make them out of? And do you have to cut down a larger cap? They dont look cut down in all the photos I have seen on here, they all look like they are a standard size. Can any help and give me some advice?

Or should I just ring up EMA and ask them...maybe they will know...Anyone?

Anyone at all?????? HELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

I know I can build them, paint and pink acrylic etc is no problem, I just need the cap size, part number etc and the diameter of the tube.

Cheers!
I think the problem with determining that depends on if you want to go for accuracy or for cosplay purposes. Not everyone's wrist is exactly the same size around, so it's possible the one they made wasn't 100% screen accurate because they wanted the capability of wearing it on their own wrist.

Hello Linkra. Hmm I never thought of that. I just want something that looks screen accurate and to scale. Not too big, not too small, and I am going to make them open with the hinge , so if your hand is too big you can still slip them on. I noticed in the show that they slip them over their hands in later episodes, as they could not be bothered to open them up. I just want something that looks like it came off the set of Blakes 7. Nestene 1 has made some amazing ones on this thread. Thats what I am aiming for. But I would love to know what size tube he used, and what sized cap.

For instance, the outer detail ring of the bracelet is thinner and sits over the top of the larger inner section. Can you make that out of the same sized tube that you made the inner piece from? Or do you have to get 2 different sized tubes, one that fits inside another. Then you make one wide ring, for the body, and one slimer sectioned piece that fits around it. That part has the hole drilled for the cap.

If I cant get anyone to help me or give me suggestions, I am just going to have to go to the DIY stores and get some drainpipe or something that my hand fits in, and start cutting it up and trying out ideas, BUT that will cost me for materials that I might not be able to use, and I would rather get it right first time than have to build 4 or 5 rough versions that dont work out.

As a guide I want them to look as good as the ones that Nestene 1 made , but he seems to have gone quiet and has not put up any replies. I dont want a cheap looking naff version, that looks like a toy, or something I bodged together in the garage. I want to make something that looks right with all the parts. They look simple to make, but getting the parts and sizes is proving to be something of a nightmare.

Davros01, I have done some browsing, there are three technical manuals available for Blakes 7 including information for modellers. They are published by Horizon.

As for the teleport bracelet it seems that the general dimensions are diameter approx 85mm and width 40 mm. There is a single picture on the original prop makers page suggesting that the button is oval and approx 15mm by 20mm although this is not clear.

The site is
Martin Bowers model world

I hope this helps you a little with your build.

Thanks Tailgunner. It gives me a starting point anway. I will go and have a look and I am going to give the model site a ring this weekend and see if they have smaller caps. Thanks for the help!

Two tubes are needed for the bracelets, both available from EMA. The main body is 82.5mm (EMA tube VT-325), the clasp 'outer' piece is 88.9mm (EMA tube VT-350). The grey' button' is also from EMA - elliptical disc (VHE-24) which is 19.1mm diameter.

Hope that helps :)

Hi chaps,
here's some props ive made. The black teleport bracelet was a thought by a chap on another forum and i couldnt resist.

Would anyone happen to still have the Technical Manual posted way back in page 3 of this thread, or know where it might be available?

EDIT: I've got the scan thanks to a helpful member here, but would still love to know where paper copies might be had.

Last edited:
3D-printed Liberator teleport bracelet in progress, here's a rough draft:

teleport.jpg

And one sized down to a finger ring, just because.

teleport ring.jpg

3D files and build instructions will be shared freely soon, when they're a bit less embarassingly-modelled. :)

View attachment 208163

View attachment 208164

3D files and build instructions will be shared freely soon, when they're a bit less embarassingly-modelled. :)

Excellent stuff!

Love the idea of a teleport ring...

:D

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 208163

View attachment 208164

Excellent stuff!

Love the idea of a teleport ring...

:D

Just joined the forum recently, having made teleport bracelets in the past, when I was younger, Ive now started to make some again.
It's amazing what you can achieve in your lunch hour :)
This time I'm using old packing tape reels pva wood glue and Russet brown car paint over a grey primer and have more time to do them now

image.jpg

They aren't to any scale, however they're not that far off
I've used 0.7 mm aluminium for the Perspex to be mounted on.
I'll be hopefully posting more pictures as they get built up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    714.3 KB · Views: 123
Federation Trooper Helmet interest thread in Junkyard forum. ;)

MOD EDIT: Please do not post Junkyard links outside of the Junkyard forum, thanks.

cxrm.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back