Star Trek communicator or phaser kits?

Bones3010

Hello everyone! First post here, after lurking off and on over the years. I'm a great admirer of the work many of you have shared and I hope to share a few of the things I've done in the past at some point.

Anyway, forgive me if this isn't the proper area to post this question, but I was wondering if there are any accurate kits for Star Trek original series communicators, phasers, or tricorders available commercially anywhere. I'm looking for one of the John Long or Roddenberry kits if I can depending on price. I know these have been out of production for awhile but maybe there are a few lingering somewhere. If not, are there any other newer and accurate kits out there? It seems that since the Wand company put their great props out that kits have disappeared but I'm hoping to get one anyway.

Thanks in advance and happy building!

Roddenberry stopped producing their kits a few years ago, unfortunately. I've heard rumors that John Long's kits were discontinued as well, but they still appear to be available on his site.

Thanks for the reply... You're correct: John's kits have been discontinued. For some reason they do appear to be available to "buy" on the site, but I'd emailed and he confirmed they're out of production. Bummer. Figures that over the years I've had many chances to get one but now that I'm ready to buy they're nowhere to be found (at least for a reasonable price, that is).

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back