ChefBZD's Halo 4 (5?) Master Chief WIP

This is awesome!!

What thickness foam are you using to build the armour? also what type of faom are you using for the back boxy thing?

This is awesome!!

What thickness foam are you using to build the armour? also what type of faom are you using for the back boxy thing?

The bulk of the suit is regular 1/2" eva foam floor mat , Ido details with 6mm craft foam and 2mm craft foam. The boxy things are 6mm.

Excellent work! Steady handiwork and attention to detail will always get the best results. I really need to start playing with foam.

Plasti dip-->high build primer-->rustoleum hunt club green-->rustoleum camo olive drab green-->black/silver ceramic paint drybrush

Thanks for the reply dude.

can you tell me if your rustoleum green's are painter's touch or American Accents??
I can get painter's touch over here in the UK but not American Accents.

Also. Can you tell me if you had any trouble with this paint flaking/chipping off over EVA foam? My iron man foam suit suffers from paint chipping and flaking :(

Ep82- the Hunt Club Green is Painter's Touch, the Camo is just Rustoleum's Camouflage line of ultra flat nonreflective colors. You could probably get away with just the camo green, but I felt it was too 'one dimensional'...starting with the hunt club green and then lightly misting over that with the camo green just gives it a nice depth in the color. From far away, it looks like a good 'OD' green, but up close it almost has a cool camo effect. The layers of color also help make the armor look old, which is what I'm going for. The black and silver paints are just cheap $1 ceramic paints from the craft store.
As far as chipping and peeling, no, not at all...just be patient with the painting process. Let the sealer dry completely. If you use a primer, which I recommend, use a high build primer, and let that dry completely before starting with colors.
And as always, thanks for following!

Love how fast and how awesome this is coming along! Damm camera is always in the way...Face the camera at you and use the reflection to set it up in the right frame!

Keep building, cant get enough chief

Coming along real nice dude!!!!

How tall are you? what scale factor are you using for your pieces?

More importantly, what files are you using? I've been meaning to build a Halo 4 Master Chief suit to go with my Stonyprops helmet, but I am unsure about the scaling and which files to use...

I am 5'11"...however, my boot technique when combined with a helmet makes me about 6'4" in armor...hahaha
I'm using a scale factor of 1.2 on the torso, I will put up a list of files I'm using but keep in mind that I alter them heavily.

Ep82- the Hunt Club Green is Painter's Touch, the Camo is just Rustoleum's Camouflage line of ultra flat nonreflective colors. You could probably get away with just the camo green, but I felt it was too 'one dimensional'...starting with the hunt club green and then lightly misting over that with the camo green just gives it a nice depth in the color. From far away, it looks like a good 'OD' green, but up close it almost has a cool camo effect. The layers of color also help make the armor look old, which is what I'm going for. The black and silver paints are just cheap $1 ceramic paints from the craft store.
As far as chipping and peeling, no, not at all...just be patient with the painting process. Let the sealer dry completely. If you use a primer, which I recommend, use a high build primer, and let that dry completely before starting with colors.
And as always, thanks for following!

Thanks for the info buddy. This is looking so sweet! I can't wait to start mine now. Would be good to see your files too.
what's the best way to measure for the chest piece? I'm only 5'7 and my chest is around 37" and waist around 31" would it be best to to measure point to point or will something like 1.1 scale factor suit me ?
Sorry for all the questions. Keep up the work tho. it's epic!!

the torso is done!

20140116_142546_zps717640af.jpg

20140116_142442_zpse449320c.jpg

20140116_142413_zps046dc268.jpg

What do you think?
ep82- here's how i scaled my torso...
I measure here...
20140116_144628_zpsfe0339d3.jpg

and here...
20140116_144727_zps8962697f.jpg

and measure the same points on myself...adjust scale until they match...
I do think i could have gone a little smaller though. with a chest/waist of 37"/31", you are probably looking at .8 or .9 as a scale...in my opinion

Attachments

• 20140116_142546_zps717640af.jpg
    20140116_142546_zps717640af.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 20140116_142442_zpse449320c.jpg
    20140116_142442_zpse449320c.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 20140116_142413_zps046dc268.jpg
    20140116_142413_zps046dc268.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 54
  • 20140116_144628_zpsfe0339d3.jpg
    20140116_144628_zpsfe0339d3.jpg
    708.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 20140116_144727_zps8962697f.jpg
    20140116_144727_zps8962697f.jpg
    552.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited by a moderator:
OMFG!!!! This is insane!!

Thanks for the info, (again) Going to finish off my MA4C this weekend and going to start this next.

so awesome!!

Great tip on the measuring dude. I am guessing that the 'flaming devil horns' symbol (on your other Spartan build) is your multiplayer emblem?

Do you plan on adding it to your Chief armour, as a personal touch? Just an idea, if you're not planning ondoing it already...

Are you making the helmet out of foam too?

Thanks guys!
prev- yeah, thats my emblem...not putting it on the chief armor, tryingbto keep it as accurate as possible. and yes, the helmet will be done in foam, though i may buy a casting as backup in case it doesnt work out...

Last edited by a moderator:
nice! im loving this build! looks way better than mine, this is how i planned on making my next suit. great clean work, cant wait to see the whole thing suited up

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back