Idea Mall lightsabers sale, legit/ worth it?

I just looked at the customs declaration more closely.

Mine was described as "Plastic rod" and the value declared was $5 USD :lol

IMG_2127.jpg

They responded to my Paypal Claim with this:

Dear Customer,We’re sincerely sorry that our product can’t make you satisfied, you can return it to us if you want to. But please pay attention: 1.Please make sure the item and packing is intact. If it can’t meet our requests, we may not refund. 2. And, we only accept DHL or UPS as deliver method. Our return address:1st floor, Ching Pik House Tin Ching Estate, Tin Shui Wai, Yuen Long District, New Territories, HK 999077

I responded asking for a prepaid label and pointed out the site says this:

WE PROMISE THAT OUR PRODUCTS AND PICTURES WILL BE 100% IDENTICAL. IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THE RECEIPT OF THE GOODS, YOU CAN APPLY FOR A REFUND AND DO NOT NEED TO RETURN THE GOODS. YOU CAN USE PAYPAL TO PAY AND PAYPAL WILL PROTECT YOUR MONEY.

Last edited by a moderator:
Constantly getting ads for these all over my Facebook feed. It's not just under Idea Mall either, they've spread out onto many other web sites now with the same text, photos, and lies.

Edit: and now I'm getting them all over my Flipboard news feed too!

Last edited:
I got bit by them too. Haven't yet taken up with PayPal, but I soon will. Now every time I see these ads, I report them as a scam.

Total Scam! I'm currently escalating it as a claim with Paypal. They charge you $30 for the item and when you receive it it's only worth about $2. The seller wants it back still unopened and will only except return by UPS or DHL (€64 is cheapest from Europe) if you want a refund for which I know they will not refund as they want you to ship to Hong Kong yet the original package came from Shenyang (north of Bejing). If you check their web address on Facebook you will see several people who have been conned. As other here have mentioned they are advertising on FB who I have reported the scam to and going by their IP address on the different websites it is all originating from the same location in China.

- - - Updated - - -

I got bit by them too. Haven't yet taken up with PayPal, but I soon will. Now every time I see these ads, I report them as a scam.

Make sure you have everything documented as Paypal wants you to contact seller before you escalate it as a problem. I've been there and have copies of everything from website to delivery method to description as well as item delivered.

So sorry guys! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is my favorite thread ever.

I saw these on instagram and thought "30 bucks for a graflex replica, chasis and and stand?... There's just no way!" but I wanted to order JUST to see what you actually get.

Thankfully I didn't have to pay 30, but thanks to you guys, got as much entertainment.

Total Scam! I'm currently escalating it as a claim with Paypal. They charge you $30 for the item and when you receive it it's only worth about $2. The seller wants it back still unopened and will only except return by UPS or DHL (€64 is cheapest from Europe) if you want a refund for which I know they will not refund as they want you to ship to Hong Kong yet the original package came from Shenyang (north of Bejing). If you check their web address on Facebook you will see several people who have been conned. As other here have mentioned they are advertising on FB who I have reported the scam to and going by their IP address on the different websites it is all originating from the same location in China.

- - - Updated - - -

Make sure you have everything documented as Paypal wants you to contact seller before you escalate it as a problem. I've been there and have copies of everything from website to delivery method to description as well as item delivered.

Yup. Exactly. You send it back and they refuse the return. If you withdraw your Paypal claim, you cannot file another claim. They are either hoping people are too stupid to file a claim or figure it's not worth the effort/cost. I'm escalating it straight through Paypal as fraud.

There is a long FB thread on the topic too.
https://www.facebook.com/david.laws...d=1532314249080010&notif_t=feed_comment_reply

I'm going to give Paypal the link to that thread, this thread, as well as the webpage, which I've saved in case they try to take it offline.

So sorry guys! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is my favorite thread ever.

I saw these on instagram and thought "30 bucks for a graflex replica, chasis and and stand?... There's just no way!" but I wanted to order JUST to see what you actually get.

Thankfully I didn't have to pay 30, but thanks to you guys, got as much entertainment.

I wanted to see what they would deliver too! I thought it would be a gutted FX knockoff with some cheap internals. Someone could easily have stolen the components from the Hasbro factory and reproduced them for less than $30 US. However, I didn't expect it to be THIS bad. :lol

OK, just an update on myclaim with Paypal. Even though I've documented everything with them to showthey did not deliver what was advertised, the number of complaints on both FBand here from people who got ripped off they have decided I must return it byregistered mail to sender to get a 'refund'. The weird part is that thesupposed return address given is now different to the address given inour communications which is also different from where the package originatedinitially from. Plus they have blocked me from seeing the case I started. Guessthey don't want to honour their promise of buyer protection cover.

So in short, don't trust these scam websites or Paypal. I've been burnt byboth.

Paypal did the same for me on a very expensive deffective guitar. I don't think we can say anymore that they always protect the buyers and that it's safe. they wouldn't hear anything from me and just went for a totally illogical solution where I had to send back the guitar even if I paid 400€ in taxes and then closed the case well before the date where I was supose to send back the guitar saying that the seller and me came to an agreement, which was not the case. I contacted them several time with the contact form on the paypal account where they are suposed to answer in 24h and never got an answer...
It's just so bad because they have the monopoly for payments and if you want to be on the rpf, you cannot stop using paypal but I'm pretty pissed with them...

Well, I'm shocked! I actually got Paypal to find in my favour and reimburse my money back to me.

Had to phone them up due not being able to see my case (looked like I was blocked out) and also to enquire which address I'm supposed to send it back to,the original address on the packing label, the fake one they gave to PP initially or to a different fake one they sent to PP lately. Reminded them that a genuine company would have one return address and not three (last address I checked and turns out was totally fake). Highlighting that these fake sites are discussed both here, on FB as well as the PP Community they admitted that they have received numerous complaints so I reminded them that if they allow a company to use the Paypal guarantee of Buyer protection then they should honor it.

They admitted I had a valid point (plus I also threatened to cancel my account & inform over 1000 forum members to avoid PP) and agreed to refund me. Soin short, don't give up, stick up for yourself but make sure you document everything. I know it's 50/50 to win but you might be lucky.

Well I guess you left an impression and someone actually looked into this because, guess what? I also got a refund from PayPal... case closed.

And my purchase was on a different site.

At least I got my money back.

Might be interested in the beans. Are they screen used or CFO? :)

Don’t buy the beans! It’s a scam. I went ahead and ordered (just in case it was legit) and 3 polystyrene bean-bag beans showed up! The worst part, there was no official warning included and I ate them! I mean, why wouldn’t you, they’re beans right?! PayPal have been little help as they require me to return the beans “un-used”. I’ve consulted with my doc and he says without a costly surgery to have them removed it would be next to impossible to know when the beans will pass through my system. They could be in there for years. With that in mind, I’m considering ordering a bunch more and turning my rock hard abs into a bean-belly for my cat to lie on. Hey, when life gives you lemons... Am I right?! [emoji1363]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. It's been popping up on my FB as well. It did look too good to be true, but then it could have been a limited offer. Forbidden Planet were offloading some Black Series Stormtrooper helmets for £10 (normally £99) a while ago. My daughter picked one up for me - bless her. So you never know

But this time, those look like trash LOL stuff I normally see in Poundland - the nerve of some people

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back