Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

apparently the power lace v3 being demonstrated. Seems to be faster than Nike's.:p
Looks great. I wonder if they are using seperate batteries for the lacing component.
Doesn't look like there is a sensor in the heel, just done via button it seems.

looks like the on off button is now on the opposite side,and two buttons on the other to fasten and loosten.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing, airair. Tempting. But how long would they last before something broke and you couldn't do them up anymore? At least with the regular V3's if the lights fail they're still perfectly fine.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing, @airair. Tempting. But how long would they last before something broke and you couldn't do them up anymore? At least with the regular V3's if the lights fail they're still perfectly fine.....

My thoughts EXACTLY. Even with the 2016 pairs. Eventually the electronics will fail or the battery will die. It's inevitable.

I wonder if they self lace if you step into them or only by the button....

If they did, I think they would have shown that in their video as a selling point. Is it me, but all shoes shown appear to the same one? There is a nasty big wrinkle in the cloth just in front of the laces.

Are these really $1500? They look sweet and for a display pair, they would rock, but yeah major bummer if they fail.

Ok got it off, wasn't super careful with the buckle as I have spares. Was more concerned with the fabric which survived. Anyways looks like the charging port pulled the pads off the PCB. Tried soldering but it just wouldn't stick. Going to work at it more tomorrow. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170708/83e5c54b6b0552b9fd543c2f098ac9f1.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170708/c5dd1870eec0166c538c70e02437dfdb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you are careful you can scrape off the green PCB material to get access to the traces underneath...where you can solder to. You can partially see the traces if you shine a flashlight under the board. They run under the green coating...you scrape it off you can get access to new solder points.

Doesnt wizzardbttf have replacement boards. Might be easier to just replace both

I do have boards, $40 a pair. Low voltage protection has been improved (wont kill your battery, they will work at a lower voltage) and LEDs blink when charging. I haven't been super active on here recently, been busy...but I still have parts for sale.

I do have boards, $40 a pair. Low voltage protection has been improved (wont kill your battery, they will work at a lower voltage) and LEDs blink when charging. I haven't been super active on here recently, been busy...but I still have parts for sale.

So are these replacement boards to completely replace the original ones? Could you explain how these tie in? Thanks!

So are these replacement boards to completely replace the original ones? Could you explain how these tie in? Thanks!

Yes, you can cut the buckle open and replace the original board. You do need to solder if you want to swap it properly. Un-solder the old board leaving the wiring in place, and just replace the old board and wires in the same place. I personally think the buckle is one of the easier locations in the shoe to open. These boards in the photo below are the replacement boards I had made...they don't have encapsulation epoxy either. I haven't been "pushing" parts on here as I am putting together a really good reliable upgrade kit for these shoes.

Attachments

• IMG_2901.PNG
    IMG_2901.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 95
No. Paint the soles with RIT dye to look like the 2016 PL MAG ;)
If I get a pair I will keep them normal clear. And that mod has already been done so it's not as exciting as installing a pressure switch to make the laces work. lol

I won't be a part of the buyers of these powerlacing V3s i will wait for another version if they will build it another year. The electronics are garbage so i bet that the powerlacing system will give you a middle finger after 1 or 2 walks with the shoes...

since its power lace, and we all know how the originals sold for cough k money, i dont really know how they will handle the pricing
also the websites at the youtube videos say 1500

hmm expect david come around with the auto lace as well?

Considering we all know the mags lights will eventually fail, possibly the new autolace version should come with a manual mini crank to tighten the laces as a fail safe considering they won't be exactly wearable if the laces don't open or close...something to think about, I've had over 6 pairs of mags over the past one year, both v2s & v3s, mostly v3s, all that I wore failed after about a month or two of casual wear. Bottom line these aren't really built to be durable enough for wear even if you have a "wear pair". They're better off for display.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back