DC Bombshell Hawkgirl [FINISHED]

Re: DC Bombshell Hawkgirl [WIP]

Thanks, everyone!

Just found this photo that shows more of the front!

I can't wait to get the rest of the details on there! Especially those decals!

So here's a question for you guys:

How would you make a bubblegum prop?

I actually bought some bubblegum before the con, and apparently I suck at blowing bubbles. Though granted, it was like Trident or something, because I couldn't find any legit bubblegum in time - so maybe that's the problem.

Anyway, I thought it might be neat to have a prop instead. I've considered balloons, but they're usually kind of oblong, and ornaments, but the latter would need to be the right size and opacity. It's not a super essential part of the costume but I thought it might be fun to have, if anyone has any ideas! :)

I think a bubblegum prop would be really cool! I am not much of a maker, though, so I'm sure other people will have much better suggestions but would something like Friendly Plastic or Instamorph work?

wamo-super-elastic-bubble-plastic.jpg
These are pretty old but I remember them when I was a kid. It comes out as a plastic bubble and they were pretty durable as a remember.
Interesting_children_toys_blow_bubbles_toys.jpg
Did some searching and this is what they look like now a days. Good luck with it, and I freakin loved your Suit!!

View attachment 448042
These are pretty old but I remember them when I was a kid. It comes out as a plastic bubble and they were pretty durable as a remember.
View attachment 448043
Did some searching and this is what they look like now a days. Good luck with it, and I freakin loved your Suit!!

Oh, I remember that stuff! I'll have to get some and give it a try. I appreciate the suggestion! And thank you!

Looks SO good, Galacticat! If I spot you at C2E2, I will definitely be asking for a photo. (Gonna be weird flagging people down by their RPF usernames.)

I love this build. The style and execution are top notch. Just a thought; some dry ice and some orange LEDs in the jets would give a really cool effect. I don't know if it would be possible though.

Really enjoyed wearing Hawkgirl at C2E2 this past weekend! It's definitely one of my favorite costumes. Might even be my favorite at the moment!

I found this photo and I'm totally in love with it:

Here's another photo I found that shows the whole jetpack, with my friend as Poison Ivy:

And we got a photo with the artist himself, Ant Lucia!

Damn it! I KNEW I saw you around! There was another bombshell Hawkgirl, and I didn't remember which one was you and my phone was acting up so I couldn't check the website. Long story short: sorry I didn't say hello, and your costume looked beautiful :)

Damn it! I KNEW I saw you around! There was another bombshell Hawkgirl, and I didn't remember which one was you and my phone was acting up so I couldn't check the website. Long story short: sorry I didn't say hello, and your costume looked beautiful :)

Haha, no worries, and thank you! Surprisingly, there were at least 5 other girls also doing Bombshell Hawkgirl. I saw more Hawkgirls than any other Bombshell!

Really like the jet pack, would you possibly be able to post the 3D print files or deminsions for the cone and the exhaust ports? Would like to make a similar Jetpack in steampunk fashion.
Thx

Really like the jet pack, would you possibly be able to post the 3D print files or deminsions for the cone and the exhaust ports? Would like to make a similar Jetpack in steampunk fashion.

Sorry for the delay, my boyfriend was out of town and then I completely forgot about this. :rolleyes I'm PMing you a link to the files!

Two cool updates!

I wore Hawkgirl to C2E2 again this year, and this time I got Ant Lucia (the artist who designed the Bombshells) to sign my jetpack!

GKElVPnl.jpg

I also finally got to do a photoshoot! I had been wanting to do this for a year now and the timing was finally right a couple weeks ago to visit my friend down in Georgia, who owns a WWII Jeep. We took quite a few photos, though many of them don't show off or use the props - so here's a couple of them that do!

I'll be posting the other photos on my Facebook page as I edit them, if you're interested in seeing them. :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back