Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

A trivia.
The researcher behind this kit has said that they were able to identify a fallen-off greeblie that was unclear in the archival photos when they discovered it stuck in the deep corner of one of the pits while they were taking photos of the filming miniature.
There also seems to be several parts which were misplaced after it fell off.

Yeah, so the big question is do you drill out the carrying handle holes, or not? :)

I took a quick look and you can definitely see the starboard handle hole just aft of the docking ring in this shot.
star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-10936.jpg
615fbe40908583.57918119b7722 copy.jpg
So, yes, I'll be adding the hole since in my case I'm modeling the 5-footer rather than the "real" ship.

I got my Gundam USA Falcon Saturday--never got anything other than the "shipping label has been created" notice so I'm sure other people will be getting theirs without getting any tracking info.

Some of those 1977 beauty shots:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The Falcon top view from 77 compared to sometime after

attachment.php

J

Attachments

• HT-millenium-falcon-jef-170206_4x3_992.jpg
    HT-millenium-falcon-jef-170206_4x3_992.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 1,019
  • 1979mpc falcon boxlid.jpg
    1979mpc falcon boxlid.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,117
  • Front on Promo shot 3.jpg
    Front on Promo shot 3.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 1,069
  • MillenniumFalcon-Fathead 2.jpg
    MillenniumFalcon-Fathead 2.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 1,120
  • 5ft ANH Top Viewbefore & after.jpg
    5ft ANH Top Viewbefore & after.jpg
    949.2 KB · Views: 1,114

I took a quick look and you can definitely see the starboard handle hole just aft of the docking ring in this shot.
View attachment 772829
View attachment 772830
So, yes, I'll be adding the hole since in my case I'm modeling the 5-footer rather than the "real" ship.

LOL!!! , mate you really are Obsessed ! :lol . Can’t wait to follow your build thread ;)

Ged :thumbsup

I didn’t realise how bad the thickness and details were until I decided to paint it with those teeny bottles of Pactra and Testors using Q-tips...

Last edited:

So mine finally made it the vast distance of 165 miles from Ormond Beach to St. Petersburg, FL - 7 Days - 165 miles - 23.6 miles per day - I could just about have walked it here faster! Good Job USPS!

On the bright side my wife rescheduled our Venture Crew meeting so I get to dig in the box tonight!!!

JoeCS has a beautifully designed original 5ft cockpit that I am anxiously awaiting for him to hopefully release.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MINE ARRIVED!!!!

I.

Am.

Not.

Worthy.

This kit has the finest, most intricate detail I have ever seen! I seriously think I heard angels singing...

Really, at a time like this, after 40 years of waiting, there's only one thing to say about finally getting this kit:

I am going to SCREW this up!!! :cheers

Mine arrived today. Can't wait to get home and open it all up.

Feels like Christmas 1978 or 79 all over again!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LOL. I'm with ya', Hunk 'O. This kit is ridiculous. Pure, unadulterated SW model geekery.

I looked at the frets with the piping (that are packaged in separate box for obvious reasons) for about 30 seconds, then CAREFULLY returned them to their box....where they'll safely stay (probably on a separate shelf) until the second I need to affix them. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back