Deadpool... and Headpool???

mracole

So, many of you will know, there's a lot of Deadpools at any comic con you go to, and they're most of the time in the off the shelf zentai suits you can buy online. I love Deadpool, but wanting to be a bit different, decided to make something a little different. Started this project a few weeks ago, slowly getting it done in time for May, thought I'd put a thread up on here...

So, starting off, the mask. I sculpted up the eye sections, made a simple silicone and fibreglass mould, then created a light weight cast from it. After some filling and sanding, this is how it's come out! Will hopefully be adding the eyes and mask fabric this weekend.

tumblr_mzejlf2fpG1tpiqbfo1_400.jpgtumblr_mzjvvdIHz21tpiqbfo1_400.jpgtumblr_mzpmqj1ldm1tpiqbfo1_400.jpgtumblr_n0yj4cPNjT1tpiqbfo1_400.jpg

next up, the armour. I sculpted up this armour to look like the Deadpool torso pattern, which when finished will be painted red and put over a black undersuit. The back will have an attachment for swords. The armour itself is made of fibreglass, pretty strong, and will be backed with foam for added comfort. I love the look of how Deathstroke is looking in a lot of tv series and games, so why not take that kind of look and add it to DP.

tumblr_mzxgdzsoF11tpiqbfo1_400.jpgtumblr_n0dli0O8Jj1tpiqbfo2_250.jpgtumblr_n0yjapMS4L1tpiqbfo1_500.jpg

I've bought some ex police riot gear which will be sprayed up to match the armour. Also bought is a utility belt, which I've drawn a model of a belt buckle to attach to the front of this.
tumblr_mziijjEqvr1tpiqbfo1_400.jpg

Here are the clothes I will be wearing the armour on top of
tumblr_mzejudo7s81tpiqbfo1_400.jpg

So that's the main costume so far. Also in the works for this is an electronic Headpool which will (hopefully) look like it is following me around, sort of a double cosplay. pics to come when this is a bit further down the line.

Would love to know what you guys think!

Attachments

• 2014-01-14 17.07.49.jpg
    2014-01-14 17.07.49.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 168
  • 2014-01-17 14.00.53.jpg
    2014-01-17 14.00.53.jpg
    570.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 2014-01-20 16.45.56.jpg
    2014-01-20 16.45.56.jpg
    993.6 KB · Views: 159
  • 2014-02-13 22.52.20.jpg
    2014-02-13 22.52.20.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Re: Deadpool - with a difference! WIP

Ebay! some really good pieces you can get on there. I also have an ex police riot shield from there, circular one which i plan on turning into a usable captain america shield.

Looks great! Are you going to offer any casts of your face mask for sale?

Thought i'd throw in a quick preview of my cosplay 'companion'
tumblr_n10c4qHBUs1tpiqbfo2_500.jpg Jaw has been fixed to the skull with a hinge now. After a few holes are cut, electronics are soldered and programming is complete I'll be able to get the eye and mouth moving with a remote, slow spinning propeller on his head and a mask attached. I plan on making him mountable to a pole attached to my back armour, so he'll look like he's following me around with his propeller hat :) Headpool will be alive!

Looks great! Are you going to offer any casts of your face mask for sale?

Gonna see how easily I can fix it into the fabric first, if it doesnt take look long then I'll probably do a run of them if people are wanting a cast. Also as the armour has been made from a mould, I could also cast copies of that also.

Ebay! some really good pieces you can get on there. I also have an ex police riot shield from there, circular one which i plan on turning into a usable captain america shield.

Hmm, that's a good idea!

Got the electronics into Headpool, still has some bugs but am very pleased how it's going. Here's a quick vid showing the electronics at work

Thought I'd throw a quick mock up of how he'll look when complete (without the hat, he will eventually have it, motor is mounted in the top of the head already)
tumblr_n1cxsdVPjB1tpiqbfo1_400.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• headpool.jpg
    headpool.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 133
Last edited by a moderator:
This looks great, Once you get it all finished I can't wait to see a picture of you wearing it. Something I don't know if you have considered but since you are using a more rigid structure for the head then a simple cloth mask, would you be able to put white lens in the eyes to get the dead pool white eye effect?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back